Tips for packing light - What one thing should I leave at home?

trixiee

Me thinks you are going to be doing nightly hand washing. It's a cruise - not a land vacation. Why limit yourself to a carry on?

To each their own, lol. I've travelled in europe on public transit with just a backpack for a month, so having the room in a carry-on seems like a luxury. Plus I don't wear much make-up beyond mascara and lipstick, which should be changed out frequently anyway =)

No need for handwashing at all, there's plenty in the bag for the week. Two week... I'd be sending things out / washing.

Cheers,

Deb

It seems we are just taking long cruises now. I pack some clothing that I will ditch along the way to make room in my one suitcase for a few items I purchase along the way. We travel lightly and only with clothing we are sure to wear. No extras, no decorations, no books except for kindles, and no clutter to junk up the stateroom.

Shoes :D

I take one pair of tennis shoes for excursions, one pair of light black strappy sandals for evenings and one pair of Clarks sandles that can also double as slippers for hanging out.

DH does the same except he takes loafers for evenings and "rainbows" for hanging out/slippers.

Don't need different shoes to match every different outfit - for me I only shop for evening clothes that will go with the black strappy sandals.:D

To each their own, lol. I've travelled in europe on public transit with just a backpack for a month, so having the room in a carry-on seems like a luxury. Plus I don't wear much make-up beyond mascara and lipstick, which should be changed out frequently anyway =)

No need for handwashing at all, there's plenty in the bag for the week. Two week... I'd be sending things out / washing.

Cheers,

Deb

It was what was in the bag, not the quantity, that precipitated my comment. Considering a Caribbean vacation, I would be doing some hand washing.

Edited by Tampa Girl
Inadvertently posted it.