Where is Freedom January 12th, 2020???

I am booked on this cruise and suddenly it has gone missing from the RCI website. I asked a travel agent about this and she said it is showing "closed" for her but she hasn't heard anything about it being chartered. I know it is a long way out but has anyone heard anything?

Thanks!

I am booked on this cruise and suddenly it has gone missing from the RCI website. I asked a travel agent about this and she said it is showing "closed" for her but she hasn't heard anything about it being chartered. I know it is a long way out but has anyone heard anything?

Thanks!

When a sailing is chartered, it could be weeks between the time it shows "closed" and the time RC announces the charter.

Currently on Freedom and the CL concierge has said that the ship is going into dry dock in 2020 and at that time the CL will be gone and a suite lounge added as well as other updating/refurbishment.

That makes sense since she was last in dry dock in Jan 2015.

Currently on Freedom and the CL concierge has said that the ship is going into dry dock in 2020 and at that time the CL will be gone and a suite lounge added as well as other updating/refurbishment.

Wow, thank you for the information. Did they happen to say when the dry dock would happen? I'm not sure how they will handle all of the San Juan cruisers if they remove Freedom, especially in a busy month like January.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there everyone! Just FYI, I was recently reading a review on CC and the poster was talking about how they were going to book Freedom out of San Juan for 2020. She put a picture of the next cruise paper and had written "Refurb Jan 2020" on it. I asked her about it and this is what she said.

"Yes! It is going in for refurb! I don’t know when it starts, but I’m imagining they wouldn’t take it off line for the holidays, so prob Jan is when it starts! The Next Cruise staff confirmed that. I was concerned that we would be the first post refurb cruise (which often get canceled or shortened at the last minute) but the NC staff member we talked to said the sailing before ours was being held as “might get sold” or “might be saved to extend refurb” so there was a buffer built in there already in mid Feb. But I’d be nervous about those Jan cruises...sit tight for now, you’ll get a better deal if you wait till they bail out, but I wouldn’t go spending any time or money in them yet! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news."

I'm totally guessing here but those of us that are already booked for Jan/Feb 2020 will get calls once they decide on another ship for these sailings or a plan/enticement for us to re-schedule to another. :confused:

Time will tell, :rolleyes:

Patty

We tried to book the weeks of MLK or Presidents day and were told it was not able to be booked due to dry dock. Not sure if they date isn't quite set yet or what. This was back in Feb while we were on Liberty dealing with Next Cruise.

Thx for this input.

Thanks!

Hey, I'm depending on your review of Freedom out of San Juan do decide if I'm going that way in 2020!

• 5 weeks later...