Edge Dining Reveal

TommyD3

Just back from dinner on the Eclipse. Had the sirloin steak from the special Edge menu. Basically, inedible. Grisly and tough. I try to see the bright side of things, but this sure didn't live up to the hype.

We had the big Edge dining video shown last night before the regular show. Looks pretty cool, but it may be hard to live up to expectations.

We had all 4 of the new entries last night on Silhouette. Our steak was the best of the 4. Well cooked and quality meat.

I was lucky, I was able to book all my dining, MDR and Specialty before 5PM EST yesterday. Nothing listed yet about Le Petite Chef.

Here is an example of Le Petite Chef from YouTube

dMoPfBFOWt8

Here is another link in case the embedded one doesn't work

I just got off the phone with Bri at Celebrity. I had tried for over an hour last night trying to get my specialty dining booked. Apparently the reason I was unable to book as if you buy the package (and I bought the 3 night pkg) that you do not select your dining time online but rather you have to wait until you are actually onboard the ship. Then you would speak with the maitre d or go to guest services.

After hearing this my concern was getting the the day and time that I wanted. She assured me I would have no issue at all getting the times I wanted.

I was also told that you can only do the Petite Chef one time on the cruise. It will be $55 pp and if you purchased the package or if you purchased a dinner for Le Grand Bistro (showing as $25pp) you would pay the difference to experience the Petite Chef. So that would be $30 extra and she said no different menu. She did have to put me on hold to find this info out so I hope what I am telling you is correct. It is what I was told.

Bri also added, as we went over all the specialty restaurants that are available, that the Magic Carpet is also part of the package. I cannot find a sampling of the Magic Carpet restaurant on the Celebrity site.

Mary

Can always count on your sarcasm.

No sarcastic at all, not sure if your arrival to CC is recent or just a new account, just in case you are new, most of us know full well if something is not right on ANY ship in X's fleet there will posters to let everyone know.

Sometimes the comments are well received, sometimes not, pending on how they are framed.

Sorry if the comment bothered you, but believe me this was minor and there will be more for sure, if warranted.

Thank you for posting and bon voyage

On the Connie now and our dinner menu included 4 “Edge” entrees with an accompanying cocktail. DH has the sea bass which was excellent, his cocktail was a bourbon based drink that was just ok. I had the roast chicken, flavorful but nothing to get excited over. I switched my cocktail from the tequila based one paired with chicken to a strawberry infused vodka cocktail that was great.

Neat! Thx for telling us about this.

We are on the Eclipse right now and also had the option to try the Edge "preview" entrees. I had the salmon (Normandy menu) and I thought it was excellent. DH had the strip steak and also liked it very much.

Hi Sue,

Glad to hear this!

See you in May, G-d willing and the Creek don't rise.

---May

No sarcastic at all, not sure if your arrival to CC is recent or just a new account, just in case you are new, most of us know full well if something is not right on ANY ship in X's fleet there will posters to let everyone know.

Sometimes the comments are well received, sometimes not, pending on how they are framed.

Sorry if the comment bothered you, but believe me this was minor and there will be more for sure, if warranted.

Thank you for posting and bon voyage

One thing I learned very early on the Celebrity boards. If I want the definition of gentleman, I look for Bo1953.

Thx for consistently meeting my expectations! :*

I was lucky, I was able to book all my dining, MDR and Specialty before 5PM EST yesterday. Nothing listed yet about Le Petite Chef.

Here is an example of Le Petite Chef from YouTube

dMoPfBFOWt8

Here is another link in case the embedded one doesn't work

Hideous looking group table setting..what I saw clicking the link was wierd. Good food is preferable than gimmicks but I am sure some will truly love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Mary and Rodger here from California. We just brooked a Sky Suite for 12/9. We will be very excited once we get over the shock of the price. We normally cruise Aqua Class but the price for the Sky Suite was not that much more. I hope they do something special for the Maiden Cruise!