Edge Dining Reveal

TommyD3

It is this kind of nonsense that makes Princess look better all the time-too many bells and whistles most of which are designed to drive you into pay dining:(

Pray tell, how so???

:confused:bon voyage

The restaurants look wonderful but it says they will have the same menu as the rest of the fleet. We just spent 14 days on the Eclipse where we could only eat 3 times in MDR, the food was that bad. So if the menu is the same and the quality is the same, then we will pass.

Of course I am sure it will be different for suites, aquaclass and up. Please note, there is a real distinction.

w - if it is not, I Am sure we and X will hear about it right away and then some...

bon voyage

I am intrigued with new dining options in the four main restaruants.

I would sail on the Edge in a year or two.

It says it is the same menu as the MDR on the fleet right now. That is for those not in suites or higher...I now always have to qualify that.

It is this kind of nonsense that makes Princess look better all the time-too many bells and whistles most of which are designed to drive you into pay dining:(

Lol...hmmm what? Sure as heck doesn’t make me want to sail Princess. Why would ou think that? You have far more choices for a free dinner

As a side note: Dynamic Dining on RCCI was poorly executed. There were reports that a large number of IT guys were on the initial cruise working to resolve bugs in the software. Very much a classic software development mistake of allowing the schedule to drive the software roll-out. I would hope that X has done extensive "lessons learned" consultations with RCCI.

There were also issues with passengers that insisted on the Traditional Dining experience. As encountered above, some of these passengers were very insistent upon keeping the same table in the same room every night and building a special relationship with their servers.

Not sure if I'm reading correctly but it appears that the 4 "main" dining rooms will each have some added "specialty" dinner items from either Murano's or Tuscan, etc. I'm guessing that these special items will be added cost in the dining room much like the upgraded steaks offered for more money.

I tappears that the regular dining room menus will be the same offered at no cost across all of the ships as they do now.

But, just attempting to understand so the correct info will come once someone sails. After all the Tuscan Menu online in planner is still showing the special Mother's Day menu :eek:

Not sure if I'm reading correctly but it appears that the 4 "main" dining rooms will each have some added "specialty" dinner items from either Murano's or Tuscan, etc. I'm guessing that these special items will be added cost in the dining room much like the upgraded steaks offered for more money.

Hi Teltrainer,

According to what I posted on this thread, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605515 , the 4 Main dining rooms menus are comprised of roughly 75% the same cuisine in each of the 4 venues, and 25% of menu items created for the theme of each dining venue.

As for charges for the special items created for each Main dining venue, I do not expect that to be the case. If you look at the sample menus for the 4 main dining rooms, there are no prices alongside the menu items created for each venue.

Hope this helps !

Princess had a few ships that had 4 diiferent themed dining venues as the RCCL Anthem. The decor was different in each. There was one part of the menu that had items that were specific to that room only. There was also the same basic MDR menu that was in the roatation and was same for each restaurant every night. The bread basket was always based on the restaurant.

So no matter what restuarant you were in other than the decor you would have the same menu as the other restaurants or the option to choose off of the one that was specific for that restaurant and never changed.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

This sounds like a fudge. They should have but the bullet. 4 themed MDRs, different menus, fully Select Dining. Traditional dining just leave chairs empty when diner go elsewhere that night. Select Dining ensures that chair is available for someone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Teltrainer,

According to what I posted on this thread, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605515 , the 4 Main dining rooms menus are comprised of roughly 75% the same cuisine in each of the 4 venues, and 25% of menu items created for the theme of each dining venue.

As for charges for the special items created for each Main dining venue, I do not expect that to be the case. If you look at the sample menus for the 4 main dining rooms, there are no prices alongside the menu items created for each venue.

Hope this helps !

Hi Andy

Good info. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It all looks really interesting and I hope it works but somehow it looks a bit ambitious for a company that can't even get its website to work properly after goodness knows how many years. Don't get me wrong I love Celebrity but I do sometimes wonder whether management think things through. Looking forward to the first reviews !

On the Connie now and our dinner menu included 4 “Edge” entrees with an accompanying cocktail. DH has the sea bass which was excellent, his cocktail was a bourbon based drink that was just ok. I had the roast chicken, flavorful but nothing to get excited over. I switched my cocktail from the tequila based one paired with chicken to a strawberry infused vodka cocktail that was great.

Ok so here goes. My TA who is also traveling with us said today we can book the MDR's and the specialty restaurants. I went to the site and could book in the MDR and see the sample menu's and could see a sample menu of Eden ($65pp) Fine Steak House ($55pp) and Le Grande Bistro ($25pp) these are all starting from prices but could not book anything. Finally, after calling and waiting almost 30 minutes I was able to speak with someone and not sure what she did but now I could book them.

So we talked about the restaurants and she said that the Eden restaurant is going to be a fabulous interactive type restaurant with things happening all around while your eating. She was not able to give specifics. I had seen something for the Le Bistro called Petite Chef and it also looks interactive and sounded fun. She looked and I looked on the site but there is nowhere to show you exactly what it is and if it is different than the actual price of Le Bistro. So this was a bit frustrating as I would like to know what is on the menu and what is the ambiance going to be like in the restaurant. She said that most guests on Celebrity do not need to see the menu and prices they just know if it is Celebrity then it is fabulous. Well I guess I am not in this category. I like to see a menu and know what I am getting when I have to pay an additional cost for the restaurant.

I was truly a bit bummed that the Qsine is not on here. I loved that restaurant. I would love to know if any of these are going to be similar.

She also told me on the Celebrity Page that there is a facebook 40 some minute live reveal from yesterday that may be helpful and give some info. I tried watching it but it would stop and start and break up. Going to reboot computer and see if that might help.

If anyone has any info on Le Petite Chef in Le Bistro or any info on any of the specialty type restaurants please post...thank you!

On the Connie now and our dinner menu included 4 “Edge” entrees with an accompanying cocktail. DH has the sea bass which was excellent, his cocktail was a bourbon based drink that was just ok. I had the roast chicken, flavorful but nothing to get excited over. I switched my cocktail from the tequila based one paired with chicken to a strawberry infused vodka cocktail that was great.

We are on the Eclipse right now and also had the option to try the Edge "preview" entrees. I had the salmon (Normandy menu) and I thought it was excellent. DH had the strip steak and also liked it very much.

Just back from dinner on the Eclipse. Had the sirloin steak from the special Edge menu. Basically, inedible. Grisly and tough. I try to see the bright side of things, but this sure didn't live up to the hype.

We had the big Edge dining video shown last night before the regular show. Looks pretty cool, but it may be hard to live up to expectations.

Suggest this thread be moved to the EDGE BOARDS,..there are several dining threads with various perspectives.....all interesting!

Do you have the names of the Edge Boards I tried finding them searching under the boards and could not....then went to the boards for the celebrity cruise line and found this. Would like to keep them together and would also like to get additional info on all aspects of the ship since we are booked.

Thank you so much!

Mary

If anyone has any info on Le Petite Chef in Le Bistro or any info on any of the specialty type restaurants please post...thank you!

"Le Petit chef" isn't a menu or a dining choice, but just a gimmick (imo) - an animated character on a computer tablet that will occasionally do something before a dish is served. An example was given that he waves at a dragon to breathe fire to warm up the soup before it appears.

Might be surprising if it was unexpected, but hyping it in advance just makes a big deal out of nothing really.

I was lucky, I was able to book all my dining, MDR and Specialty before 5PM EST yesterday. Nothing listed yet about Le Petite Chef.

Here is an example of Le Petite Chef from YouTube

dMoPfBFOWt8

Here is another link in case the embedded one doesn't work

Do you have the names of the Edge Boards I tried finding them searching under the boards and could not....then went to the boards for the celebrity cruise line and found this. Would like to keep them together and would also like to get additional info on all aspects of the ship since we are booked.

Thank you so much!

Mary

Closer to the Edge

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1095