Price drop

Krazcruiser

I booked a little over a week ago for a December cruise. How often should I realistically check to see if there are any price drops or other offers?

I check about twice a day. It only takes a second on the computer. Sometimes price drops suddenly pop up and suddenly disappear. :o I have hit it lucky quite a few times.

I check about twice a day. It only takes a second on the computer. Sometimes price drops suddenly pop up and suddenly disappear. :o I have hit it lucky quite a few times.
I've got to get your secret on how you only spend a second to check prices. Takes more than that for me to just to get filter applied to get to month and ship. Then stepping through the selections for number of passengers, # of rooms, then choosing type of plan, type of room, section on ship and then the desired floor. What do you do differently?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Only takes a minute. I tend to check once or twice a week. Have two rooms booked for April and have received $250 per room in OBC. If I see a lower price I email my Carnival rep the price difference and he applies the credit.

I've got to get your secret on how you only spend a second to check prices. Takes more than that for me to just to get filter applied to get to month and ship. Then stepping through the selections for number of passengers, # of rooms, then choosing type of plan, type of room, section on ship and then the desired floor. What do you do differently?

Really? Come on now....did you really think I meant ONE second? Geeezzzz....

Really? Come on now....did you really think I meant ONE second? Geeezzzz....

No... but It's what you typed.... doubt you could check in under a full minute with how poorly the Carnival site is coded.

I was wondering the same as bobandsherry. When I do a price check the only way I know how is to do a full mock cruise, emulating what I have now... and that takes a few minutes for me. How do you all do it so quickly?

OMG....It takes me 1 minute and 59 seconds...NOT A SECOND. I was NOT being literal. Geeeeezzzzzzz folks...really?????????????

I was wondering the same as bobandsherry. When I do a price check the only way I know how is to do a full mock cruise, emulating what I have now... and that takes a few minutes for me. How do you all do it so quickly?

If you do not clean your history.... The cruise data information (i.e. # of people, age, etc.....) should already be on the site when you access it. Then you just have to choose the date and ship. When I am checking prices on several internet agencies for a specific cruise....My general info is already populated so all I have to do is several clicks....then just view the cabin options/price for that specific cruise. It is pretty quick

Click on “previous searches” and it will drop down your last 3 searches. Doesn’t save to much time, but it’s something.

I literally just timed myself doing a mock booking and it took 33 seconds. I went from a blank internet page to the page where you select “garauntee” vs “let me choose my room”. I usually stop at the page previous to that when checking for price drops. That’s worth it to me to save some money.

I am in an inside cabin and I've checked a few times to find not only are they offering anything better than what I have, there are almost no inside cabins left. IF there was an upgrade opportunity, they would contact me with the offer, wouldn't they? Doesn't matter in the end, I chose an inside since I am cruising solo and needed to keep costs low.

I called my TA today, hoping to move my 2 cabins to midship (one balcony one interior). I expected to save $100 even with the better location...I saved $487. I still don’t know how but I’ll take it!!!