Stateroom Guarantee

So I read another post about Stateroom Guarantee not really being a guarantee and now I’m completely freaked! I booked an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee on Allure in May. First time not having a room assigned. Traveling with 2 other families - we’re all so thrilled. When I called in to get linked up to our family, I was told that we have a room category assigned. Is this a good sign? In my obsessed digging online I don’t see any of this category still available. OVB guarantee is also no longer an option.

I can get an OVB assigned but it’s about $800 more ☹️

I had no idea having a GUARANTEED Room could mean that you could be downgraded or have no room at all. 62 days till be cruise and I am going to go bonkers worrying about this. Someone talk me down!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two cases of not getting a room reported on this board in about the last five years. One was a person whose cabin needed emergency repairs and they finally got a different room. I believe the other was offered a lower category room and didn't want it. When they don't have enough rooms they call people and offer them other cruises until someone takes the move-over offers.

While it is technically possible you won't have a room I would worry more about the asteroid that is going to hit your car on the way to the airport. You are a LONG way away from the cruise and the booking people may be juggling 100 or more guaranteed reservations. Sixty days out your cruise is probably a very low priority for them.

We booked an interior guarantee room due to finances and personal circumstances. We were assigned oceanview rooms. We are only on deck 3 but as this was last minute, we are just excited to be able to go on a family trip.

Yes, it is a rare occurrence indeed. Keep watching the “My Cruises” section; in all likelihood a cabin number will appear before the cruise. They can make you wait until you arrive at port, but that is not common. Have a wonderful time.

By the way, we don't usually book guarantees but got a really good deal on Princess. Was $399pp for 10 days forward balcony about a week after final payment (about 70 days before cruise in the cabin location we prefer). Paid in full and like you checked every day. About 3 weeks later got a mid-ship premium balcony cabin that is currently selling for $2078pp. So if you can stand the suspense it can be well worth taking a guarantee! The wait WAS tough!

Stateroom got assigned :)) Thanks all, ill know better next time!

Excellent!

Now you can contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to request Royal to regenerate your cruise docs. Then you will have the correct luggage tags.

Excellent!

Now you can contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to request Royal to regenerate your cruise docs. Then you will have the correct luggage tags.

Thanks for the tip!!!

How long did it take for them to assign you a room? TIA

We've done at least 20 guarantee bookings with RCCL and we do cruise mostly on RCI.

The pattern I've noticed if there is good cabin availability, especially in the category class of cabins we have our guarantee in, we typically get our assignment quickly, usually within a week.

If cabin availability is poor, again especially in the category class of cabins we have our guarantee in, it can take a lot longer. Latest we have gotten our assignment is 3 days prior but I read here of others who haven't found out their cabin until they were boarding which is what is mentioned with guarantee bookings.

Those long waits usually have paid off with a good upgrade to a higher class of cabin many times. Best was balcony cabin for an inside gurantee several times along with OV for inside and balcony for OV guarantee booking.

For our upcoming cruise on Anthem we were assigned two D4 balcony cabins the same day we did our two X Gty bookings just over a month ago. That category was one of two balcony cabin classes showing the most cabin availability.

Edited by robtulipe

Not only possible, but likely.

For the five X balcony guarantee bookings we've done on Anthem we were only assigned an obstructed balcony view DO cabin once and we were later upgraded to a D1 with an extra large unobstructed balcony. :)

We've done at least 20 guarantee bookings with RCCL and we do cruise mostly on RCI.

The pattern I've noticed if there is good cabin availability, especially in the category class of cabins we have our guarantee in, we typically get our assignment quickly, usually within a week.

If cabin availability is poor, again especially in the category class of cabins we have our guarantee in, it can take a lot longer. Latest we have gotten our assignment is 3 days prior but I read here of others who haven't found out their cabin until they were boarding which is what is mentioned with guarantee bookings.

Those long waits usually have paid off with a good upgrade to a higher class of cabin many times. Best was balcony cabin for an inside gurantee several times along with OV for inside and balcony for OV guarantee booking.

For our upcoming cruise on Anthem we were assigned two D4 balcony cabins the same day we did our two X Gty bookings just over a month ago. That category was one of two balcony cabin classes showing the most cabin availability.

I've been following this thread because we booked a guarantee last week and I'm borderline obsessed over reading up on what to expect. :) I'm soooooo curious as to when the stateroom with be assigned and where we'll end up. Love this post! ;)

I had to wait until our passports arrived to complete my registration. Once I did our stateroom was assigned almost immediately. It was on the 3rd deck. [emoji53] I read in some other posts that you can call and ask for another room so I figured it was worth a shot. Easiest transaction I’ve had to date. They asked what deck I preferred and gave me my new cabin number. Worth the wait as far as I’m concerned!