Fans permitted or not

Reignwater

I've read lots of things where people talk about taking a fan on board. Now I just read a recent Carnival review that says that a fan was confiscated. Are we allowed to bring fans on board? If it helps I'm traveling on the Pride.

I always bring a small, electric fan. A battery operated fan will NOT suffice for a week's worth of all-night use. And, batteries weigh too much to bring replacements. I also bring an extension cord, so the fan can blow on me all night. NO surge protectors, tho...they WILL be confiscated.

From the FAQ:

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/ under the section Exemptions.

We just got off the Triumph....we had no problem with keeping our cabin cool. Weather was rather cool on our trip, though.

However, during boarding, we noticed a guy with a large boxfan......and 1x walking on our floor, glanced in an opened door, someone had a stand up floor fan.

I've never thought to take a fan but, I may if it's during the really hot months.

From the FAQ:

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/ under the section Exemptions.

Thank you for posting this.

I always print the section posted above and take it with me. My fan is only used on cruises and stays in the cruise bag.