Red Frog Pub beer growler

SmittyCo

Can you share the details of this beer growler? How much and how much were refills? And is it just a cup?

We paid $64 and some change to buy it (filled, plus the 15% tip). To refill it was $16ish. It filled almost 5 beer glasses. The lido deck servers would fill it for us or we could take it to the Red Frog pub. We thought it was a great deal ... as a bucket of 4 beers is $22. We had 2 glass fulls left over from the night before, and the beer was still cool the next day (not COLD though) ... drinkable!

28795939_10156356249551800_4461810355789627392_n.thumb.jpg.78e8c3aaaeb8f21352c167436454425f.jpg

• Like 1

Kind of pricey for the initial purchase at about $15 a glass (hope it's at least a pint glass) but refills are not too bad at less than $4 per glass and it is a cool souvenir for the home bar. Will be looking for it on our cruises.

Before a certain poster responds, yes, I do consider how much I'm spending on drinks.

Kind of pricey for the initial purchase at about $15 a glass (hope it's at least a pint glass) but refills are not too bad at less than $4 per glass and it is a cool souvenir for the home bar. Will be looking for it on our cruises.

Before a certain poster responds, yes, I do consider how much I'm spending on drinks.

Hahaha yes ... kinda pricey upstart ... but ... we did have many complimentary glasses of champagne (their cheap stuff), so our decision making skills may have been off a bit. LOL!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

They charged a tip on the price of the growler itself?

Hmmm...

But regardless, it seems like a reasonable investment if you're going to go on a lot of Carnival cruises and drink a lot of beer (i.e. several refills during the cruise) while on the ship.

Edited by daylight come and

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2018 at 5:31 AM, SmittyCo said:

We bought a refillable beer growler on the Vista in January. Does anyone know if we can refill it on the Dream?

Thanks!

I don't think the Dream has a brewery on board.  But they might fill it for you.  Can't hurt to ask.  Except for lugging it around.  But given the poor selection of taps in Dream bars, that's not worth it for me.

My issue with growlers in general is that unless you and your buds are drinking it all (64 oz is a half gallon), the beer goes flat even if stored in frig.  A flat tapped Bud Lite or Corona is indeed pisswater.

10 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I don't think the Dream has a brewery on board.  But they might fill it for you.  Can't hurt to ask.  Except for lugging it around.  But given the poor selection of taps in Dream bars, that's not worth it for me.

My issue with growlers in general is that unless you and your buds are drinking it all (64 oz is a half gallon), the beer goes flat even if stored in frig.  A flat tapped Bud Lite or Corona is indeed pisswater.

I was on a carnival ship, dont remember which, where guys at dinner were complaining the only place where they could get it filled was the sports bar, and they had to drink it there. Dont have any idea now, but this didnt go over big with the beer drinkers. They wanted to carry it around.