ACWMom on Joie de Vivre

acwmom

Enjoying our last day in Paris, with perfect weather. Full trip report to follow, but wanted to share our location. I'm sure the light show will be spectacular tonight. We managed to not repeat any excursion this time

RobinIMG_20180324_165226_904.thumb.jpg.7e7ab878e27a1a22ad7ceda1d81d0bce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

ACWDad's bucket list item today. Golf at Etretat.

ACWMom - So glad you enjoyed the trip.

I am considering this itinerary. A few questions for when you return. Is there enough to do/see in Etretat that a non-golfer would enjoy the Etretat excursion? How early in the am did the Mt. St. Michel excursion leave? Finally, what camera do you use? Your the pictures are wonderful!

Safe travels home.

ACWMom - So glad you enjoyed the trip.

I am considering this itinerary. A few questions for when you return. Is there enough to do/see in Etretat that a non-golfer would enjoy the Etretat excursion? How early in the am did the Mt. St. Michel excursion leave? Finally, what camera do you use? Your the pictures are wonderful!

Safe travels home.

Safely home and awake enough to answer...barely:-). This was our second visit to Etretat, the first being a trip to the town itself. I went along this time as a golf photographer. Depending on the season, there is easily enough to do in town. You could also choose to walk along the tops of the cliffs, as there are well established paths.

The Mont St. Michel tour left at 8am.

The camera.....my Galaxy Note 8!

Thanks for the compliments! I've been having a lot of fun with Instagram filters on this cruise.

RobinIMG_20180323_095931_349.thumb.jpg.a4545b7656a1ab9c1563ec1cd6251377.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

IMG_20180324_204201_757.thumb.jpg.9755a9286ae415f68f852233e840f28e.jpg

Good morning Robin, welcome home and hope you had a fantastic cruise:)......I am going on cruise to Europe this summer...Venice to Nice.......and so this year is all booked but I am looking to (finally) take my 2nd River cruise in 2019:D........I will take a hard look at Uniworld for this one;)

Welcome home, Robin! As you can tell, many non-golfers are wanting to go to Étretat! Do they charge the non-golfers too and where do they drop you? Do you get dropped in town, up on the cliff near that little church, or just at the golf course and then find your own way? I’m sure it’ll all be explained at the port talk by the cruise director but if you can clarify....

Welcome home, Robin! As you can tell, many non-golfers are wanting to go to Étretat! Do they charge the non-golfers too and where do they drop you? Do you get dropped in town, up on the cliff near that little church, or just at the golf course and then find your own way? I’m sure it’ll all be explained at the port talk by the cruise director but if you can clarify....

The Etretat golf trip is an INCLUDED excursion! The only thing the players had to pay for was the cart. Club rental was included, and balls were provided. We even had the kitchen onboard prepare us sandwiches to take along. We were taken directly to the golf course, but the distance down to the town isn't far (I can't say whether it would be walkable). I didn't ask specifically about going into town, as I wanted to take pictures of the course and the view.

Since there were only 7 of us, we took a small van. If a larger number sign up, my guess is one of the motor coaches would be used. The church is on the opposite end of town from the golf course. We signed up immediately after boarding, as we didn't know how many spots were available. Since the other excursion was to Honfleur, most wanted to go there.

The port talk was organized a little differently, as there are now "included" excursions, the "masterpiece" collection (Mont St. Michel), and the concierge collection, which was pretty much you decide you want to do something, the concierge arranges it, and gives you a price (the one I recall was the St. Wandrille silent monks and monastery beer tour, for 109 euro) The concierge collection isn't in print, so I can't help much with those. I have the rest, however.

Full report will start tomorrow:-) Most of my pics were with my phone this time.

Robin

Looking forward to reading and seeing the photos in your report, we do this cruise the last week of May, preceded by the Avignon to Lyon cruise. One question, did your husband have golf shoes along? or did the club have those available as well?

Thanks,

Herb