Any problems with checked luggage pilfering?

JayDeeJay

As other have already said it isn't a good idea to pack anything of value. There is lost luggage, crushed luggage and the luggage into the drink. You could be lucky like me and be recipient of a soft drink shower. Some guest just had to pack soft drinks in their luggage. I spent the first night of my cruise doing laundry. Carnival offered and I did send some items out but had other things I just didn't trust to go through commercial laundry.

You too huh.....Its a bit of a joke in our house...I ALWAYS have my luggage tags stolen...I mean I have never flown anywhere in the last 10 years with luggage tags still there at destination...now grant it I fly with "Steelers" luggage tags (so clearly I understand why someone would steal them...lol) but still its 100% theft of my luggage tags over the last decade....

to the OP....I work in the moving industry and always advise to carry ALL valuables with you on your person....

I didn’t realize this was a high theft item.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You too huh.....Its a bit of a joke in our house...I ALWAYS have my luggage tags stolen...I mean I have never flown anywhere in the last 10 years with luggage tags still there at destination...now grant it I fly with "Steelers" luggage tags (so clearly I understand why someone would steal them...lol) but still its 100% theft of my luggage tags over the last decade....

to the OP....I work in the moving industry and always advise to carry ALL valuables with you on your person....

LOL..YUP Had really nice Caribbean themed tags. Checked luggage at the port. Suitcases got to the room...no tags.

Happened twice. Same tags, different cruise!

Carried my own bags on after that...put generic ID tags inside just in case I croaked or bag got lost..LOL