Foam toppers?

It's small...I'd say about the size of a small coffee can. I think the specs are on the web page if you want the exact size and weight. We fly, so this was a consideration for us.

I just looked at some videos about the Klymit Static V - I'm definitely considering buying one. Really does roll up to a small coffee can sized bundle. Would be worth toting it along if it helps me sleep better! I'm reading many posts that say RCCL as changed/is changing their mattresses over to cheaper and firmer ones. Thanks for the info! :)

There is no "bar" between the 2 twins that make the "king" bed. It's simply a gap, which is held together by the top sheet. No worries. It's all fine.

There is a pad which fits between the two beds (the gap, so to speak) and then the sheets are put on over that. The beds are not held together solely by the sheet.

Edited by Rala
typo

I just received an email in response to my special needs form for a topper for the couch I'll be sleeping on, and RC said they would provide a mattress topper for me.

Do not mean to worry you. Do not believe that email. After I requested foam toppers from special needs/ I received the same email you did /saw post here that caused me to worry / contacted special needs on phone about their promise. They admitted that no longer have foam eggcrate or any type foam toppers. They state they use a thin type of mattress pad or a duvet.They were actually very defensive about it when questioned about the email confirming needs would be met. Really still angry that about special needs being misleading. Have sent a message to corporate about this. They have the right to provide whatever beds they want. If someone makes a special needs request, they do not have the right to be misleading. Somehow we need to get the info out to all to take matter in their own hands if they have a need and cannot believe what special needs says. To those of you who are happy on the hard mattresses - more power to you. I just hate to see RCCL intentionally mislead and risk ruining cruises for those of us who are not. Those of us who and have always expected and received better from a CL in the past.

Hmmmm.....sounds like I'll be ordering the inflatable mattress topper to take with me for sure. We'll be on Liberty again in 2 months. I don't recall the beds being as bad as recently described when we sailed in 2016. Too bad they've changed. I agree - RCCL used to be much better than it is now. Don't get me wrong - we still enjoy sailing with them, but they no longer have that something "extra" as before IMHO. I appreciate the input on this thread. Happy sailing to all of you!

Hmmmm.....sounds like I'll be ordering the inflatable mattress topper to take with me for sure. We'll be on Liberty again in 2 months. I don't recall the beds being as bad as recently described when we sailed in 2016. Too bad they've changed. I agree - RCCL used to be much better than it is now. Don't get me wrong - we still enjoy sailing with them, but they no longer have that something "extra" as before IMHO. I appreciate the input on this thread. Happy sailing to all of you!
Same with us. We were on liberty a couple years ago and the beds were fine. This last cruise it was hard as a rock. Our room attendant said they get a lot of complaints and there's not much they can do about it. Seems like a nice bed would be standard on a cruise ship. I've slept in cots more comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Same with us. We were on liberty a couple years ago and the beds were fine. This last cruise it was hard as a rock. Our room attendant said they get a lot of complaints and there's not much they can do about it. Seems like a nice bed would be standard on a cruise ship. I've slept in cots more comfortable.

Agreed! Thanks for this info - good to know. Even PCL has upgraded their mattresses as of late. Theirs used to be quite firm, but are much better now. And CCL's mattresses have always been good, at least that's been our experience. Thanks again!

We bring this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RFG0NM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have a problem, but my wife does. This is easy to pack. I just have the attendant put it on my wife's side of the bed and the problem is solved.[/quote

That looks pretty easy to travel with, the width is a little small. Thanks for sharing this.

We bring this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RFG0NM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have a problem, but my wife does. This is easy to pack. I just have the attendant put it on my wife's side of the bed and the problem is solved.[/quote

That looks pretty easy to travel with, the width is a little small. Thanks for sharing this.

Yup - that's the one I plan to order.

This was the view from liberty last Jan. They filled up three of these. The bed was horrible and there seemed to be a gap in the middle of the bed that we kept falling into. 531c003522efdd8b24c436de2d00ae59.jpg

I had the same problem and the stitching aroound the mattress was so hard.