Least Favorite NCL food-

mbisson

OK, as an NCL fan, I feel dishonorable asking, but what food did you find your least favorite?

For us, we went to Mama's Kitchen one night and my wife ordered some shrimp dish (I don't remember for sure which one). When it arrived it had 2 (count em 2) shrimp on it. We chuckled, ate and then she took me to Tangos where she ordered a rack of ribs. I know she could've ordered more, but she didn't want to order another 3 dinners. LOL

-Monte

I'm not a picky eater, so as long as something is edible I'm usually happy.

However - mess with my coffee and I am not happy. I found NCL to have some of the worst coffee imaginable. One man on my cruise discribed it as motor oil and hot water.

Recently on the Pride of Aloha in the Pacific Heights specialty restaurant, I had the lamb shank and it was very nice sized but blahhhhhhhh....it tasted strongly of cloves I think and I wasn't feeling very well anyway, had about 2 bites and had to leave.

It made it twice as bad because I paid an extra $10 for it...:)

I don't think I'll be ordering lamb of any type for quite a while.

Emi

I tried the pistachio and avacado chilled soup, and it was delicious.

Different tastes buds for different folks.

Once I had a sirlon steak aboard that was so tough it was barely edible. It seemed like I chewed forever. Never-the-less, it tasted great.

The pistachio and avacado soup. I always love cold soup but this was just way too different tasting.

Interesting how tastes can differ. On our Dream cruise last May, several of us at a table for six ordered this and, after the others tasted ours, everyone wound up asking for it--some for dessert, and some had second cups. De gustibus non est disputandum, I suppose.

The comments about the chilled avocado/pistachio soup are funny. My DH and I love it -- my 2 kids hated it. Of course, they don't like avocados to begin with, so that might have some affect on their dislike for it.

I generally love the chilled soups, but I wasn't a big fan of the fire & ice one -- somehow the jalapenos just don't do it for me.

The coffee on almost every cruiseline is terrible--too strong. However, I was happy NCL Dawn had pots in the cabin and lots of Sanka and Maxwell House. It was delightful to find new creamers in our fridge without asking. We brought back banana bread from the Blue Lagoon in the evening to have with our coffee on our balcony each morning before heading out for breakfast each day. It's the little things that can make a cruise so delightful.

The worst food on the Dawn was something Mexican we ate at Salsa. Don't remember what they called it, just know I didn't like it. However, NCL had the best food we've ever eaten--especially loved the chicken caesar salad for lunch via room service. Now I must wait until January 2007 for my next cruise on the Dawn.

At least we are off to sail Carnival Triumph in February. Just wanna go somewhere warm. Reminds me of a Jimmy Buffet song.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

I really don't like Caribbean night on the Dawn. We wanted to go somewhere else the last time but the Murder Mystery Dinner was that night. Food wasn't good but the MMD was fun as we sat with our new friends from CC.

Jeanne

Archived