Transatlantic Dailies

CaffinatedSwan

Hi!

Does anyone happen to have a set of dailies from a recent Transatlantic sailing? I'm guessing they would be pretty similar ship to ship.

Trying to convince hubby that there will be other things for us to do besides drink, smoke cigars and knit. :D

We have been on 5 TA crossings and there is just a big plethora of things/activities, etc to do!

On sea days the dailies are single-spaced and crammed, on port days they are light and double-spaced.

You'll always find something you want to do. You have to find time to get bored! ;)

Last TA we watched 3 or 4 movies in the atrium and the bar waiter kept supplying us drinks and we also had popcorn!

Don't forget to take one yellow and one blue highlighters. Yellow for you, blue for DH and green for both!

We did a TA crossing on the Epic last fall. Although I don't have a copy of the daily freestyle daily, I can tell you that you would be hard pressed to distinguish between the freestyle daily on a TA cruise vs. the "regular" 5,6 7 day cruise etc.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised that we were able to see a new entertainment act each evening and it wasn't always the dance production staff. NCL had a good variety of entertainment.

I too was worried about nothing to do in the evenings due to repetitive acts due to the length of the cruise. But my fears were for not.

I can't wait for my next TA crossing! Good luck convincing your husband!

I would like to find out on which days the move to a new time zone occurs. Hence, my interest in east-bound TA dailies, if anyone has some to post. Thanks!

I believe it is almost daily on TA....done at midnight from what I have read...

If you are bridge players, the NCL TAs on which I have cruised had fun bridge programs on sea days, games and lessons. They attracted 50+.

Yep, and also the progressive trivia, art classes, dance classes, exercise classes, etc etc, to name a few out of the 100's activities.

Don't forget the privately held LCR games (arranged via the Roll Call) - they are a real hoot!!

You have to find time to get bored.

Usually one the 2 weeks' TA, the outgoing entertainments take place during the first week and the new incoming the 2nd week.

We have been on 5 TAs, and loved each of them ... and will not stop!

We have been on 5 TA crossings and there is just a big plethora of things/activities, etc to do!

On sea days the dailies are single-spaced and crammed, on port days they are light and double-spaced.

You'll always find something you want to do. You have to find time to get bored! ;)

Last TA we watched 3 or 4 movies in the atrium and the bar waiter kept supplying us drinks and we also had popcorn!

Don't forget to take one yellow and one blue highlighters. Yellow for you, blue for DH and green for both!

I always forget the highlighters! Thanks!

I believe it is almost daily on TA....done at midnight from what I have read...

On our upcoming TA to Barcelona, we’ll advance the clocks once between Port Canaveral and Bermuda (2 at sea days), four times between Bermuda and Funchal (5 at sea days), and one more time between Funchal and mainland Europe (1 at sea day before Cadiz). So I lose six hours of bar time in 15 days. Well, six hours of sleep.

Thanks, Carnac! Looking forward to this TA. The time advances are made much more manageable given the lazy sea days and opportunities for naps! ;)

On our upcoming TA to Barcelona, we’ll advance the clocks once between Port Canaveral and Bermuda (2 at sea days), four times between Bermuda and Funchal (5 at sea days), and one more time between Funchal and mainland Europe (1 at sea day before Cadiz). So I lose six hours of bar time in 15 days. Well, six hours of sleep.

Hi!

Does anyone happen to have a set of dailies from a recent Transatlantic sailing? I'm guessing they would be pretty similar ship to ship.

Trying to convince hubby that there will be other things for us to do besides drink, smoke cigars and knit. :D

And what’s wrong with drinking, cigars and knitting..??? [emoji74]

Sent from my iPad using Forums