New UPDATED Cruise Director (CD) List - starting from April 2018 onwards

He ok not great but ok but he looks like he tired sometime he not very active I think is time for him to retire or go to Holland America cruise line

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. Quantum and Oasis classes really need an active CD, but with the Oasis class being much larger, it's easier to tell on Quantum class if a CD is tired/boring/etc.

He ok not great but ok but he looks like he tired sometime he not very active I think is time for him to retire or go to Holland America cruise line

It's his first cruise back from vacation, surely that is the time when he would have the most energy?

Dennis was known as a great CD back in his day, but having watched YouTube videos of him, I don't think he has adapted to modern day cruising.

Any idea when in July? We are on the June 29th and July 6th sailings.

I don't know about the handover date yet. He should at least be there for your first sailing.

I had him last year on anthem b2b cruise he was ok but I have to agree his energy wasn't there I think he will do go on smaller ship less activities

Right! Which begs the question - who placed him there? From someone's earlier post, he has requested a smaller ship. This is seemingly on Royal for placing him there, although maybe they didn't have many options at the time.

On the plus side, Tanya is AM on Anthem. Easily one of the most high-energy AM's in the fleet since Darryl left (which I will never get over).

That's good to know, thanks!

Right! Which begs the question - who placed him there? From someone's earlier post, he has requested a smaller ship. This is seemingly on Royal for placing him there, although maybe they didn't have many options at the time.

I'm not sure why he was assigned there, but I saw a lot of negative reviews when he started on AN which is probably why they are sending Chris Brown to replace him on Anthem. Dennis had been assigned to Jewel for about 5 years so my guess is that they were testing to see if he would work on a bigger ship. Clearly an experiment that didn't work out, but his replacement Chris is said to be much better. It's not the first time that I have seen a dud CD on a larger ship.

I've just carried out a pointless experiment. Of all the CD's in currently working for RCI, here are their nationalities:

Australia - 2

Canada - 6

Chile - 1

China - 1

England - 7

Finland - 1

Ireland - 1

Italy - 3

Jamaica - 1

Mexico - 2

Scotland - 2

Wales - 1

USA - 9

Possibly missed out a few who do not currently have a ship assignment, but there you go. Do you think it is easier for English or Americans to be CD's or are there just more of them?

... Do you think it is easier for English or Americans to be CD's or are there just more of them?

I'm thinking there might be a relationship between the CDs being native English speakers and the largest block of guests being native English speakers.

I'm thinking there might be a relationship between the CDs being native English speakers and the largest block of guests being native English speakers.

You're probably right. That's why so many British and American CD's are usually on USA based ships, or ones out of England or Australia.

So if Dennis goes to EX that means there gonna be alot of switching going on

My guess is that he will replace Topi on July 28th and will do the rest of the Seattle season. I can't see him staying on for Australia, but I said the same about the Blairs on RD last year and they stayed there for a month. Anyone can do a 7 day Caribbean cruise, but the British and Aussie markets require a certain type of CD. The likes of the Blairs and Dennis are exactly what would not work in those markets.

I like topi had him few years back very active person I chat with him once a while on Facebook

He proved to be quite popular in Australia. Heard that he is a good CD and it was about time that they had a Scandinavian CD.

Simona will be replacing Andrea June 30th on Jewel.

I feel as if I can guess half of the assignments without even trying. Maybe they should switch up a lot of the CD's and have them doing different ships and itineraries.

Small point but Finland is not part of Scandinavia..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe Nordic countries would work better?

There are so many successful English CD's - I wish there were more from Scotland. :(