New UPDATED Cruise Director (CD) List - starting from April 2018 onwards

Did Michele mention his replacement? How come I haven't already heard about a CD conference?

Edit: I remember you providing incorrect info to Donna when she did the list. Please come back to confirm this info.

Joe contact the person I told you before he could confirm it.

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Interesting - he was seen often throughout our cruise.

I'm sure he was, but isn't part of the CD's job to be the main MC of events and to build up the fun and excitement with the entertainment? 70's night is one of the main events.

Sorry to reply to something that was posted 2 weeks ago, but I just read a Liberty compass and it looked to me as if he only turns up at the main activities. Not even at the 70's night. Surely a CD should be expected to make an appearance at the party events?

Seemed like he had a strong AM though - lots of activities in the Compass.

We had him on another ship a few years ago. Like you he didn't show up at the dance events or for the Christmas morning with Santa event or the New Years Eve parties. If it wasn't a joke on the morning show (we cruise the same ship enough we usually don't go to the evening entertainment) he had one of the evening shows do a "cold start" because he was filming the morning show in izumi. Again we had a dynamic actives manager which helped.

We had him on another ship a few years ago. Like you he didn't show up at the dance events or for the Christmas morning with Santa event or the New Years Eve parties. If it wasn't a joke on the morning show (we cruise the same ship enough we usually don't go to the evening entertainment) he had one of the evening shows do a "cold start" because he was filming the morning show in izumi. Again we had a dynamic actives manager which helped.

Wow. I think RCI need to replace him if that is the case. Perhaps promote that AM to CD.

That sums them up! Very phoney and cheesy style, and I find John really annoying. No comedic value and thinks he is the star of the show (he even says so in the Day 1 Cruise Compass).

He was just coming back into the CD world after having been away for a while so hopefully has improved. Especially as we cruise more we all have our favorite and least favorite cd's. He's one of the few I would try to avoid if possible.

He was just coming back into the CD world after having been away for a while so hopefully has improved. Especially as we cruise more we all have our favorite and least favorite cd's. He's one of the few I would try to avoid if possible.

You quoted a post about John Blair (who I have sailed with and would try to avoid in future). I have no personal experience with Jeff as CD, but it sounds like he would be better suited to an itinerary and clientele where the CD doesn't matter much.

FWIW - I heard that Jeff was one of RCI's best back in the day. Cruising has changed a lot since then though and the role of a CD has also significantly changed, particularly with more families or folks in their 20's cruising.

You quoted a post about John Blair (who I have sailed with and would try to avoid in future). I have no personal experience with Jeff as CD, but it sounds like he would be better suited to an itinerary and clientele where the CD doesn't matter much.

FWIW - I heard that Jeff was one of RCI's best back in the day. Cruising has changed a lot since then though and the role of a CD has also significantly changed, particularly with more families or folks in their 20's cruising.

Sorry about that. I've enjoyed sailing with Blairs. Jeff Arpin, however, is one I would avoid.

Any idea who will be on the Vision in September? Sailing on her September 23rd for 12 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello.

I'm afraid that I don't have that info yet. Vision has a regular CD (Steve Davis), but he should be on break then and there doesn't seem to be an established pattern of who will cover his breaks.

Does anyone know who the CD may be for Spectrum? I had heard that Andrea Olivieri was hoping to go there.

Following on from that, what seems to be the criteria for who gets the new ships? KR did them for years with Jimmy doing QN, Joff doing AN & OV and both Bobby and Michele doing SY.

Does anyone know who the CD may be for Spectrum? I had heard that Andrea Olivieri was hoping to go there.

Following on from that, what seems to be the criteria for who gets the new ships? KR did them for years with Jimmy doing QN, Joff doing AN & OV and both Bobby and Michele doing SY.

Hopefully someone else will be CD on Spectrum. I have to admit I’ve only been on one cruise and had Andrea as CD, but didn’t like him at all. IMHO.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Forums

I won't be surprised they give it to Bobby brown

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

As the ship is off to China, perhaps that would be a good compromise for him - getting a new ship, but staying away from the Caribbean market. I heard that the Chinese care less about the CD, particularly with the language barrier. Apparently that's why Mike Hunnerup is on OV for Asia.

As the ship is off to China, perhaps that would be a good compromise for him - getting a new ship, but staying away from the Caribbean market. I heard that the Chinese care less about the CD, particularly with the language barrier. Apparently that's why Mike Hunnerup is on OV for Asia.

And by all intents and purposes, this is working out OK. He still won't win a Cruise Director of the Year award, but he seemed a lot more animated than he was on our transatlantic in 2016 and I saw more of him in 5 days than I had seen on him in 13 days on that cruise. Now the activities manager is a different matter. I could not even tell you who she was.

Corinna

And by all intents and purposes, this is working out OK. He still won't win a Cruise Director of the Year award, but he seemed a lot more animated than he was on our transatlantic in 2016 and I saw more of him in 5 days than I had seen on him in 13 days on that cruise. Now the activities manager is a different matter. I could not even tell you who she was.

Corinna

Glad that he has improved. Perhaps he works well in the Asian market. As for the AM, she would have likely been involved with the activities for the Mandarin speaking guests.

Does anyone know anything about Bill Brunkhorst? He was our first CD way back in 1999 on Splendor. :') Just being curious as he was with Royal for a long time but has disappeared from your list. Thanks:D

Sherri:)

Does anyone know anything about Bill Brunkhorst? He was our first CD way back in 1999 on Splendor. :') Just being curious as he was with Royal for a long time but has disappeared from your list. Thanks:D

Sherri:)

He was on Quantum from Sept to Nov 2017, but I haven't heard about him since. John Blair said on FB that he met up with Bill in NYC about a month ago. Bill doesn't have any social media so I'm not sure if/when he is returning to a ship.

It's interesting to read other people's views on CDs and to see how we all quite often don't agree (with a couple of exceptions).

We sailed with Mike Hunnerup on Vision of the Seas in 2016 and quite liked him as CD. Always spotted him out and about around the ship. Involved in lots of the activities. Had a good stage presence. Seemed like a nice guy. Couldn't fault him.