New UPDATED Cruise Director (CD) List - starting from April 2018 onwards

We still aren't sure about the Cruise Director for Adventure in October, correct? Thanks!

I'm afraid not. AD doesn't have a regular CD at the moment, so it is hard to tell.

Edited by Joe12

Hello to all

I am taking the Brilliance on September 1 . Any ideas who the replacement for Clo will be ? Is Abe coming back ?

W

It could be Abe, but it seemed that he wanted Brilliance for the Europe itinerary, so unsure if he will stay for the 4/5/5 nighters from Tampa. I selfishly hope he moves to a larger ship soon, as I want to sail with him again.

It could be Abe, but it seemed that he wanted Brilliance for the Europe itinerary, so unsure if he will stay for the 4/5/5 nighters from Tampa. I selfishly hope he moves to a larger ship soon, as I want to sail with him again.

Thanks. I will keep an eye on the list .

W

Anyone have an update on Hugo on the Empress? Sailed with him Apr 28-May 4, and very much enjoyed the excellent job he did. Filled the whole cruise with great energy and enthusiasm. Want to book Cuba again (loved it), but only when Hugo is sailing. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Safe to assume Ricky Matthews will be on the December 17th sailing?

Yes - that should be safe to assume. You are lucky - Ricky seems very fun and high energy. Probably much needed now that Mariner is starting the 3/4 day cruises.

I though Mercedes was returning to Adventure, that not the case?

Unlikely, especially as she is usually utilized in Spanish/multi-lingual speaking markets and Adventure is now doing New Jersey and Fort Lauderdale seasons. If I were to make a guess, I would guess that she could end up on Rhapsody to cover Elvis' break which should come up soon.

Tim Connor is coming back to Indy! :)

For whoever asked about the Indy TA, he will be your CD. Might just be tempted to take an Indy trip in October at some point if possible.

Question is - Where is he going whilst Joff is there?

Tim Connor is coming back to Indy! :)

For whoever asked about the Indy TA, he will be your CD. Might just be tempted to take an Indy trip in October at some point if possible.

Question is - Where is he going whilst Joff is there?

It was me ... thank you.

Question for you all:

Do you think that the class of ship influences your experience with a Cruise Director? I'm personally yet to have a good one on a small ship. Oasis Class sometimes has them, but doesn't always draw the best. I always thought that the best were on Voyager and Freedom Class. Of course, with CD's moving around so much, that means nothing. What have your experiences been with CD's across different classes?

Question for you all:

Do you think that the class of ship influences your experience with a Cruise Director? I'm personally yet to have a good one on a small ship. ...

We enjoyed Marc Walker on Monarch many times. I hardly see the CD on Oasis class.

We enjoyed Marc Walker on Monarch many times. I hardly see the CD on Oasis class.

I saw a lot of Abe on HM, but less of any others on OA, AL or HM. Hoping Michele is visible on SY.

I, for one, am glad that Marc is on Oasis Class ships for now. Hoping that Joff moves up to one of them soon as well. Getting the largest ships should be reserved for the best.

I saw a lot of Abe on HM, but less of any others on OA, AL or HM. Hoping Michele is visible on SY.

I, for one, am glad that Marc is on Oasis Class ships for now. Hoping that Joff moves up to one of them soon as well. Getting the largest ships should be reserved for the best.

I'm sure that being on a larger ship has more organizational responsibilities for the CD, however I just don't think they get enough time on stage. With no traditional Welcome Aboard or Farewell show, I think that reduces the opportunity for the CD to shine as a performer.

A lot of CD's don't like Oasis Class due to the lack of Welcome Aboard/Farewell show. I think that they need someone else to do the admin work on that class. They can still have an impact at many of the events. I still feel that the best should be assigned to them. Plenty of fantastic CD's to cover the 4 regular slots and the 4 fill in slots.

Really disappointed to see who is the CD on our next Liberty cruise....May well be one of the most aloof CD's we have ever encountered.

This is somewhat concerning. I thought I saw your Roll Call for late August (we're mid-October).

But the list states that current CD boarded on 27 May for two months which would be late July forvhis ending date. So did I miss something about his replacement or was he extended?

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex