RCL Florence/Pisa Port Question

Does anyone happen to know the difference in the Florence/Pisa ports? I’m looking at the Oasis and Vision itineraries for next summer and Oasis goes to La Spezia and Vision goes to Livorno. Does anyone know the diffubetween the two? Is one closer then the other?

We have been to Livorno twice. Easy to take a train from there to Florence in about 90 minutes. Pisa is half way. Once, our ship stayed overnight in Livorno. We packed an overnight bag, took the train to Florence and stayed in a hotel. Two very nice days. The other time, we took the train to Lucca, spent half a day, took a bus back to Pisa, saw the tower, and then a train back to the ship. I would think LaSpezia is farther away, but if you are going to do a ship's tour, it probably does not matter.

Does anyone happen to know the difference in the Florence/Pisa ports? I’m looking at the Oasis and Vision itineraries for next summer and Oasis goes to La Spezia and Vision goes to Livorno. Does anyone know the diffubetween the two? Is one closer then the other?

Livorno is much closer to Florence than La Spezia.

Oasis ship has a lot more facilities and is better in all departments compared to the smaller Vision ship.

Ponta veccia bridge is a must see in Florence with the multitude of gold shops on it.

Florence is a lot easier from Livorno. La Spezia is good for Chinque Terre.

The Vision is the best itinerary. Overnight ght in Venice is a bonus

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. We’re still torn of what to do. We’ve sailed Oasis before and sailed on the Vision’s sister ship, Legend. We are going more for the itinerary, then the ship. Decisions, decisions!!

I would not recommend planning on going to Florence/Pisa if you decide to take the cruise that stops in La Spezia. If you dock there, you probably should plan on touring The Cinque Terre collection of villages (on your own or via tours). It's a lovely area and very much a view of "quaint Italian coastal towns". Getting to/from Florence/Pisa, while possible, is not really an effective use of your day in port due to the distances. Although, I suppose it's possible the ship will offer excursions. But you'll spend a lot of time in transit.

Similarly, if you choose the Livorno cruise, then I would advise you to go to Pisa and/or Florence based on your desires. I would not recommend going to The Cinque Terre region due to the logistics/time of getting there.

Do some research on The Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa and decide which of them seems most attractive to you. That will help you pick the cruise of your dreams.

Thanks for the responses. We’re still torn of what to do. We’ve sailed Oasis before and sailed on the Vision’s sister ship, Legend. We are going more for the itinerary, then the ship. Decisions, decisions!!

In my humble opinion, ZERO decision according to your quote.... Vision 100%, especially the June 23 sailing overnight in Venice + Split + Kotor. Recent talk that the Venice northern approach (canal and St Mark's view) is finally going to be closed down in the next few years... the #1 experience any avid cruiser should try to do in their lifetime.