Bungalow rental on Labadee

We've booked a cruise on Harmony of the seas on June 23 and I'm interested in renting a bungalow on Labadee for our day there. However the entire time since booking all cabanas and bungalows have shown that they are unavailable for booking online and say to check once onboard. The only thing I see available to book are private loungers and beach beds.

I assume this means they have all been booked? I've seen mixed comments online, some people saying they booked bungalows online, others saying they're always onboard only. What are my odds at being able to book one onboard? If I'm not able to I'd like to get the covered loungers or a beach bed at least, but I'm nervous that if I wait until I'm onboard I won't be able to get anything.

The bungalows are booked through the consiegner once on board.

Only those for suites on Barefoot Beach are booked through the concierge. The ones on Nellie’s beach can be reserved online. They usually hold some to be booked onboard.

Gerif is right, it’s only the suite area cabanas that are normally booked through the concierge. We’ve rented bungalows on Labadee three times and each time has been through the cruise planner. I booked the one for our upcoming 12/22/18 cruise on HOTS last Dec. I just checked and all of the cabanas and bungalows are currently available on my CP.

I’d suggest calling to find out. They could book it for you over the phone if they are still available.

We are sailing on RCCL for the first time this fall. We are in a Grand Suite. If I want to surprise my wife with a cabana for her birthday, do I book on the cruise planner? Or wait until I hear from the concierge? Any suggestions which one(s) to look for?

Is it true they come with snorkel gear? Is Barefoot beach a good place to snorkel? Anything to see?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing on RCCL for the first time this fall. We are in a Grand Suite. If I want to surprise my wife with a cabana for her birthday, do I book on the cruise planner? Or wait until I hear from the concierge? Any suggestions which one(s) to look for?

Is it true they come with snorkel gear? Is Barefoot beach a good place to snorkel? Anything to see?

Thank you!

I'd get the cabana from the concierge so you can get one on Barefoot Beach. That is an access controlled area, so it will be less crowded than Nellie's Beach.

In my opinion, there is no good place to snorkel on Labadee, even if you take a snorkel excursion. I'd plan to snorkel on one of your other port stops.

So mixed answers again :) Sounds like since some people were able to book online, it's likely they are just sold out for my cruise. It seems odd that every type of bungalow and cabana is sold out though. Or maybe they shut down reservations on them within a certain time before the cruise? I don't know... I'm hesitant to wait until I'm on board because I have no idea if anything will be available or not, but I guess I don't have any other option!

I believe reservations are available until 3 days prior to cruising.

Why not just call and ask? They can tell you if they are sold out, or make a reservation and accept payment if they aren’t.

We've booked a cruise on Harmony of the seas on June 23 and I'm interested in renting a bungalow on Labadee for our day there. However the entire time since booking all cabanas and bungalows have shown that they are unavailable for booking online and say to check once onboard. The only thing I see available to book are private loungers and beach beds.

I assume this means they have all been booked? I've seen mixed comments online, some people saying they booked bungalows online, others saying they're always onboard only. What are my odds at being able to book one onboard? If I'm not able to I'd like to get the covered loungers or a beach bed at least, but I'm nervous that if I wait until I'm onboard I won't be able to get anything.

I just returned from Labadee and I booked the bungalow online many months ago. There are not many of them but they are incredible. We along with our bungalow neighbors both agreed we enjoyed it much more than the over water cabanas on barefoot beach. Unfortunately I think they may be booked if you cannot get one but I would keep checking back. Someone may cancel one. Good luck! Labadee is fun no matter where you sit!

I don’t think it’s odd at all that they would be sold out. There aren’t that many of them and if you assume even half of the boat gets off at Labadee then those would get booked up early. Many people (myself included) book these things many months in advance.

It is worth checking once you get on board tho. You may find that people cancel and more will open up.

We just booked a PO Suite in September on Allure. I am usually not a beach person but, DH is. I'd like to surprise him and book one. How much do they cost and what comes with them? Thanks in advance.

We just booked a PO Suite in September on Allure. I am usually not a beach person but, DH is. I'd like to surprise him and book one. How much do they cost and what comes with them? Thanks in advance.

I believe I paid $250 for the bungalow and you're allowed up to 8 people. It is in a roped off area at the end of Columbus Cove. Access is monitored by two attendants. There's plenty of sun and shade. You get a cooler of water bottles, floating mats, loungers, and a personal bar attendant. The Columbus Cove food area is directly behind the bungalows. It was a wonderful, relaxing place to be and close enough to the kids activities if you have children.

Don't be too disappointed if you can't get one...Labadee is one of the few stops where you really don't need to pay extra! You can get loungers in the shade in a great location - it is plenty big enough! It's nice to have one port in a cruise where you can spend $0 if you choose and still have a nice beach experience!