Please stop making reservations for the MDR!

Victress2007

If you are a party of (6) 8 or more then you really should make a reservation as there are very few tables to seat that number and they often use them for sharing in peak times. On the Jewel they are very good at opening up an extra area with special staff if you book for a large number. We have done it twice recently for parties of about 20 and it has worked very well; see the Maître d' and make a reservation.

Please! You're messing it up for everyone. The reason we sail NCL is for freestyle. You probably won't keep the reservation anyway.

So unless you have a group of 8 or more - just don't! We sailed POA with a group of 7, never made reservations at the main dining room and never had a wait of more than a couple minutes. There are plenty of larger tables.

Thank you,

Vic

Then make your own reservations. We always make reservations because we have things to do in the evening or before and this ensures dinner seating in a timely fashion. We never skip a reservation and if we can't make it we cancel that morning. So if you choose to wait that is fine and we choose to reserve and that is fine....afterall freestyle is about doing it the way that best suits you. ie dress up or not ...your choice...

Then make your own reservations. We always make reservations because we have things to do in the evening or before and this ensures dinner seating in a timely fashion. We never skip a reservation and if we can't make it we cancel that morning. So if you choose to wait that is fine and we choose to reserve and that is fine....afterall freestyle is about doing it the way that best suits you. ie dress up or not ...your choice...

Come to think of it, OP seems rather self-absorbed : has "never had a wait of more than a couple minutes", yet feels that someone who makes reservations is "messing it up for everyone". Does he/she feel that a person with a reservation might get a table without having to wait - meaning getting ahead in line?

His/her personal understanding of "freestyle" must then be shared by everyone. That seems to negatively impact the "free" of "freestyle".

Last year we did a Baltic cruise on Norwegian Getaway and every time we went to the main dining rooms there was a long wait for a table and we ended up going to the buffet instead. We are going on an Australia/NZ cruise in January on the Jewel and this time we will definitely be making reservations.

why would anyone not make reservations just because you don't want them to

We do what WE want to do ( thats why its called freestyle "

That's the same as me posting " Stop Saving Sun loungers " ........I know what the response to that would be

Our reservations for the MDR allow us to skip the line of free style folks. We make reservations for high demand nights at high demand times such as when there is a stage show scheduled to begin at a certain time. Been burned before so never again.

BTW - we are pretty good at keeping our reservations

This.

Sorry, im not going to change our routine. we like to be guaranteed to eat at 7 so we can see the 9pm show without being rushed. This requires for us a reservation as we dont want to leave it to chance.

This.

Sorry, im not going to change our routine. we like to be guaranteed to eat at 7 so we can see the 9pm show without being rushed. This requires for us a reservation as we dont want to leave it to chance.

I’ll be at the table right along side you! Always make a standing reservation for 7 pm. Just my OCD personality. Can’t apologize for being me... that’s the main reason we love NCL. Being able to choose anytime we wish ahead of time or on a whim. Embrace the freedom!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums