Alcohol prices on board

Marlster

Does anyone happen to know what a Corona beer costs at any of the bars on board? Has anyone tired to buy a bottle of liquor (rum, vodka, etc.) from one of the bars? Also, are you allowed to take a case of soda pop on board?

Marlster

You can take as much soda on board as you want -- no limit. Has to be with your carry-on items.

You can order alcohol from room service. To get a price, some are on a list in your cabin, but you can ask the price at any bar. They will not sell you a bottle directly from the bar -- just room service.

It is possible to buy a bottle of wine at a bar. It can be drunk there or taken with you wherever on the ship. If you drink it at the bar and not finish it, the bartender will save it for you and serve it on another visit. Doing this is much more economical than buying wine by the glass.

It is possible to buy a bottle of wine at a bar. It can be drunk there or taken with you wherever on the ship. If you drink it at the bar and not finish it, the bartender will save it for you and serve it on another visit. Doing this is much more economical than buying wine by the glass.

This is wonderful to know. Thank you!

Here is a link to my scanned Bar Menus from 2017:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Pool-Bars.pdf

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Ocean-Bar.pdf

Prices have changed a bit but the offerings are the same. I will be scanning the latest bar menus this week aboard the Westerdam. There are several bars aboard with different menus.

On some ships, you can get Heineken Draft (mostly on the Lido deck) for $6.50 plus 15%. Much better than any of the bottled beers.

I found the same and wonder why this is not available in the lounges.

1970, Rotterdam V, draft Heineken was available in the Ocean Bar for 25 cents per glass. At that time, I was not a beer drinker! (Dumb Me!)

Where is POA1 with that wonderful price list he posted recently? It had prices of everything beer, wine, liquor, etc. Or maybe someone else has it and can post it here for the OP.

I miss POA1:( Always enjoy reading anything when POA1 has anything to post/say. Could use POA1 knowledge right now re: Wine prices and sound advice on whats best :D Cheers POA1!

I miss POA1:( Always enjoy reading anything when POA1 has anything to post/say. Could use POA1 knowledge right now re: Wine prices and sound advice on whats best :D Cheers POA1!

Yes, POA1 is our resident "Booze Guru"....always very knowledgeable and happy to share that knowledge! We are glad, we need the help sometimes!:)

Corona is $5.95 plus 15% service charge. See Pool Bar menu at https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus/

Edit: later bar menus from that site say on 12/22/17 Corona increased to $6.75 .

I am on Maasdam (currently anchored at Bora Bora in wonderful weather :D). Corona in the Mix is indeed $6.75.

Dave