Wait Time for MTD Reservations on Anthem

We have not had good experiences with MTD. They are disorganized. They walk you in and suddenly no table after all and out you go to wait...and this is with reservations. I have done MTD on other Royal ships and on Celebrity and have never had a problem. On Anthem it is a problem. Twice I tried it...once with a group of 4 and once just 2 of us ( but willing to share a table) and twice it was a miserable experience.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of typical wait times for MTD with a reservation on Anthem of the Seas?

I have been told the Dining Room is a bit disorganized.

Hi Ladylyn915 :)

During our last sailing onboard Anthem, a 12-day voyage, my wife & I had 8 dinner reservations for the main dining room, 2 reservations for Chops Grille, 1 reservation for Wonderland & 1 reservation for Jamie's.

Each visit to the main dining room host/hostess & if there was a line, went smooth, fast & efficient. We never waited more than a few minutes.

Having said that, all of our main dining room reservations that I made were for 5:30 to 6:15. That may have been a factor; also being a 12-day sailing in the winter possibly could have been a factor. We experienced no chas or disorganization at all. Quite the opposite.

Also, we witnessed all hosts/hostesses using two way radio headphones requesting the table needed prior to walking passengers into the dinning room. We never encountered having to walk out, get back in line with the host/hostess to wait for a table.

Have a terrific day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I would be livid if I walked into the dining room on my way to a table and then forced to leave. I understand that there may be wait times even with reservations, but that just shows disorganization, unpreparedness and unprofessionalism.

I made several MTD reservations for my group of 7 on Anthem and in cruise planner, they say "at your leisure" Does anyone have any update on that? I have the email confirmations, but do they have the actual time or is that just a mess as well?

I would be livid if I walked into the dining room on my way to a table and then forced to leave. I understand that there may be wait times even with reservations, but that just shows disorganization, unpreparedness and unprofessionalism.

I made several MTD reservations for my group of 7 on Anthem and in cruise planner, they say "at your leisure" Does anyone have any update on that? I have the email confirmations, but do they have the actual time or is that just a mess as well?

I believe if you go to your orders you can see the actual time of the reservation.

And I feel the same way - I spent days figuring out the best timetable for my group of 16. I know we need two tables but I don’t want to stand around for 20 - 30 minutes waiting for tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have not had good experiences with MTD. They are disorganized. They walk you in and suddenly no table after all and out you go to wait...and this is with reservations. I have done MTD on other Royal ships and on Celebrity and have never had a problem. On Anthem it is a problem. Twice I tried it...once with a group of 4 and once just 2 of us ( but willing to share a table) and twice it was a miserable experience.

Ruth, I believe you are talking about the one night 6 of us went to dinner, and there was a mix up with the table. I can honestly say that I've been on Anthem for 16 sailings (137 nights) and that was the one and only time I ever had a small problem with MTD. (we were seated after less than 15 minutes). Even for the rest of that cruise Rene and I didn't have a problem going at 7 or 7:30. I have never had a wait of more than 5-10 minutes to get a table. Most times, there is no line and we are seated right away.

Ruth, I believe you are talking about the one night 6 of us went to dinner, and there was a mix up with the table. I can honestly say that I've been on Anthem for 16 sailings (137 nights) and that was the one and only time I ever had a small problem with MTD. (we were seated after less than 15 minutes). Even for the rest of that cruise Rene and I didn't have a problem going at 7 or 7:30. I have never had a wait of more than 5-10 minutes to get a table. Most times, there is no line and we are seated right away.

No Gayle, it happened to our group for days on end until day 5 I believe when they essentially gave us set seating. Then on the next sailing it happened again when it was just my husband and I. This was in December and maybe they have improved since then. And yes they had walkie talkie head sets but clearly they were disorganized. Ask Donna about the walk back out to have a seat to wait. It was horrible.

No Gayle, it happened to our group for days on end until day 5 I believe when they essentially gave us set seating. Then on the next sailing it happened again when it was just my husband and I. This was in December and maybe they have improved since then. And yes they had walkie talkie head sets but clearly they were disorganized. Ask Donna about the walk back out to have a seat to wait. It was horrible.

I was there when we had to go back out. Yes, there was some confusion, but we were seated in a few minutes after that. When Rene and I went to dinner all the other nights at 7, we had no problem. I have had MTD on all my cruises and I guess it depends on what time you go. I have seen lines earlier in the evening, and sometimes on the first night, when people aren't sure what to do. I never had a problem between 7 and 8pm. Living at the Jersey shore, I have no problem waiting a few minutes for a table. During the summer, at local restaurants, I sometimes have to wait over a half hour, even with reservations.

I am glad it worked for you. It did not work for us and that was not the only time they walked us in and out again.You were only with us the one night so you do not know what happened the other nights.

I am reporting my experience accurately. You do not need to keep challenging it. Your experience has been positive and I am glad for you. Hopefully they have worked out the glitches and things have changed for the better.

Ugh - my last trip on the Anthem was with my roommate's parents, who wanted to eat at a non-standard seating time for the MDR. We tried the MTD with reservations, and it was often a 20 minute wait to be seated. No THANK you! I am back on the Anthem on Saturday, but I've got the late seating in the MDR (such as it is) so I won't have to wait in that queue every night.

We ate dinner at the MDR with MTD reservations on four nights of our March Anthem cruise. I have never seen a more disorganized "restaurant." There were three line-ups for people with reservations and one line-up for people without. The actual time of your reservation was completely irrelevant. There were a bunch of people with headsets talking back and forth who eventually found you a table. We actually ended up in the traditional dining rooms for three of the four nights (they also use the empty tables there). The service in those were mediocre to poor. The one time we ended up in an actual MTD dining room had much better service.

We were recently on the Anthem and ate at the MDR MTD 4 times and never had more than a 5 minute wait. Reservation or not.

We were on the Allure a couple of weeks ago and at at the MDR MTD 6 times and never waited more than 5 minutes.

MTD is wonderful. We are when we wanted and changed as needed when there were other activities we wanted to participate in. It’s the best!

I found there was always a wait, but the line generally moved very quickly. The ladies at the podium looked to be working very hard to get it right. Each diner has to be processed in their computer system. We liked the waiter we settled in with and just showed up early every night to get the same spot, which worked out.

I would never purposefully book MTD though. I much prefer traditional late seating, which we had that the first time we went on Anthem. It was just all around more civilized, which may have been because the room was half empty.

The first night of MTD gets a well-deserved bad rap. We had a late reservation to begin with and then waited a long time for a table, and then a very long time for our food. The adjacent table had dirty dishes left there throughout our meal and these tables are practically attached. Service was much better after that.

My party of 6 did not have a good experience with MTD on Anthem last June. Even with reservations, we waited for 20-45 min. each night to be seated. There were several lines, it was quite chaotic in the waiting area.

We had a totally opposite experience on Independence a few months prior, and with a larger party (10). It wasn't chaotic at all, we were promptly seated and had awesome service. So we've seen MTD work well. Unfortunately, that wasn't our experience on Anthem. Our next sailing we have chosen traditional dining, just due to the inconsistent experiences.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk