Self service laundry

ElaineKeagy

No

They used to be available on the Veendam, Maasdam, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Volendam and Zaandam. But as these ships go into dry dock, they are being removed.

None of the Vista class, Signature class or Pinnacle class ships have them -- Noordam, Oosterdam, Zuiderdam, Westerdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Koningsdam have them. And the new ship Nieuw Statendam will not have them.

Is this available on all HAL ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. HAL is moving away from self serve laundary on their ships. While some of the older ships still have them, the newer ships do not and they have been removed from some that used to have them during dry dock.

The ship's laundry does a very good job. They have a special: all you can stuff in a laundry bag for a fixed price. You can get a lot in one of those bags if you stuff it right. Everything is returned neatly folded in a basket.

Not only does the Prinsendam still have its self-service laundries, there is no charge to use them.

That’s properly one of the last ships that have them. I wouldn’t surprised if that ship leaves the fleet sooner or later. As havnt heard any major refits coming up

The ship's laundry does a very good job. They have a special: all you can stuff in a laundry bag for a fixed price. You can get a lot in one of those bags if you stuff it right. Everything is returned neatly folded in a basket.

Or on hangers if we send out shirts and slacks.

I’m picky about my laundry. I don’t want things washed in hot water and not sorted by darksand lights and some things need to be done on a delicate or perm press cycle. Ugh!!! Sigh. I was thinking about switching to HAL.

Elaine, I always ask for extra laundry bags and sort my darks and lights before I send out the laundry. I also write washing instructions on the sheet. We haven't had shrinkage issues, though I will admit to having a couple of items pressed at too high a temperature, and those items were permanent press and really didn't need to be pressed.

Still, we have been happy with the service overall. And they are honest. We had cash left in a pants pocket by my husband returned to us.

I’m picky about my laundry. I don’t want things washed in hot water and not sorted by darksand lights and some things need to be done on a delicate or perm press cycle. Ugh!!! Sigh. I was thinking about switching to HAL.

We couldn't wait to be 4* in order to get the free laundry services. We could not be happier with the services ... no matter what we send in. If that is the make or break for your cruise decisions ......... you probably wouldn't be happy with HAL. (Or any place that doesn't provide self-service laundry facilities.)

That’s properly one of the last ships that have them. I wouldn’t surprised if that ship leaves the fleet sooner or later. As havnt heard any major refits coming up

Bolding is mine.

She's scheduled for 2 week dry dock in December 2018. Had major work done on the last dry dock & $ spent as well.

Bolding is mine.

She's scheduled for 2 week dry dock in December 2018. Had major work done on the last dry dock & $ spent as well.

Ships still have to drydocked for regulatory inspection and routine maintenance even if they may leave fleet in next few years. Perhaps she will stay around. We actually prefer the older smaller ships. Hope they don’t lose them over to another brand or sold.