Carnival to RC, what should I know?

7 minutes ago, carnival03 said:

I have two RCL questions:

1. I understand that you need your driver's license to board the ship in ports, along with your sea pass, but does your DL have to be "real id" compliant like at the airport for TSA?

2. I posted this in the private island forum, but no luck... For those that have done the Dragon's Breath Coaster in Labadee, is there a long line to do this? What's the average wait? I'm trying to decide if I want a single ride or the daily pass.

1. I have never been asked for my driver's license upon reentry at a port, just my sea pass card.  Your sea pass card will show your picture when it is scanned.  As for "real ID" compliance, I would think if it is valid in your state then it would be valid for the ship but you should verify that if you are concerned.

2. We have been to Labadee but never ridden the coaster, I'm a big baby when it comes to heights, sorry!

2 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

1. I have never been asked for my driver's license upon reentry at a port, just my sea pass card.  Your sea pass card will show your picture when it is scanned.  As for "real ID" compliance, I would think if it is valid in your state then it would be valid for the ship but you should verify that if you are concerned.

2. We have been to Labadee but never ridden the coaster, I'm a big baby when it comes to heights, sorry!

Thanks for your input on all of my questions. 🙂 We finally completed online check-in after multiple issues, but it's good to know about the wine in the MDR and IDs needed for the ship. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carnival03 said:

1. I understand that you need your driver's license to board the ship in ports, along with your sea pass, but does your DL have to be "real id" compliant like at the airport for TSA?

2. I posted this in the private island forum, but no luck... For those that have done the Dragon's Breath Coaster in Labadee, is there a long line to do this? What's the average wait? I'm trying to decide if I want a single ride or the daily pass.

If you are required for an id (have not been so far), whatever you used to get on the ship would be fine. As for the coaster, I can't tell you averages, but when we did it last march, it was about a 25 min wait.  

If you are required for an id (have not been so far), whatever you used to get on the ship would be fine. As for the coaster, I can't tell you averages, but when we did it last march, it was about a 25 min wait.  

This thread has been incredibly helpful.  We sailed Carnival Conquest a few months ago and have Rhapsody in April.  The comparisons upthread have been more useful than those in other threads on this topic, and have left me even more excited about our first Royal cruise.  The downside is I'm now a little concerned about the food, because overall the food on Conquest was pretty disappointing.  If it hadn't been for Blue Iguana, it would have been a long week.

7 hours ago, grinningimm said:

This thread has been incredibly helpful.  We sailed Carnival Conquest a few months ago and have Rhapsody in April.  The comparisons upthread have been more useful than those in other threads on this topic, and have left me even more excited about our first Royal cruise.  The downside is I'm now a little concerned about the food, because overall the food on Conquest was pretty disappointing.  If it hadn't been for Blue Iguana, it would have been a long week.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the food. Food is very subjective and where I may have a lovely meal, you may hate it. Just as the Blue Iguana was a life saver on Carnival, there are many included eateries on Royal also and I am sure you will find something you like if the MDR or Windjammer aren’t to your liking. 

Edited by MandyMooToo