Carnival to RC, what should I know?

We are going on our first RC cruise as well and was wondering about the drinks. We don't drink (alcohol) much at all and nothing else special.. so was wondering if they had the typical tea, lemonade etc fountains like Carnival and NCL? You help yourself and no charge.

We are going on our first RC cruise as well and was wondering about the drinks. We don't drink (alcohol) much at all and nothing else special.. so was wondering if they had the typical tea, lemonade etc fountains like Carnival and NCL? You help yourself and no charge.

Beverages included in the basic cruise fare: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

On the topic of beverages, does anyone know if you purchase just the package that includes soda and bottled water, if everyone in the stateroom has to purchase the package?

On the topic of beverages, does anyone know if you purchase just the package that includes soda and bottled water, if everyone in the stateroom has to purchase the package?
You do not, there is currently no restriction outside the deluxe package.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

You do not, there is currently no restriction outside the deluxe package.

So, what I'm gathering from RC's website on beverages packages, is that bottled water is only included in the premium package and not the basic soda package, is that correct? If so, does anyone know how much a 24 pk. of water costs to be delivered to your stateroom? Also, the costs of just one water bottle, and the costs of the premium package?

We're huge bottled water drinkers and I'm trying to decide the best deal when we need a lot of water. Can you carry on bottled water in addition to wine?

So, what I'm gathering from RC's website on beverages packages, is that bottled water is only included in the premium package and not the basic soda package, is that correct? ...

Yes.

So, what I'm gathering from RC's website on beverages packages, is that bottled water is only included in the premium package and not the basic soda package, is that correct? If so, does anyone know how much a 24 pk. of water costs to be delivered to your stateroom? Also, the costs of just one water bottle, and the costs of the premium package?

We're huge bottled water drinkers and I'm trying to decide the best deal when we need a lot of water. Can you carry on bottled water in addition to wine?

For water delivered, it is expensive, I believe $40 for 12 one litre bottles of evian.

For individual bottles, I believe that they are 2$ each, and are various spring water brands.

As for carry on, officially it is prohibited, but many get them through.

Yes.

For water delivered, it is expensive, I believe $40 for 12 one litre bottles of evian.

For individual bottles, I believe that they are 2$ each, and are various spring water brands.

As for carry on, officially it is prohibited, but many get them through.

Thank you!

Does RCI have something similar to Carnival's HUB app?

I don't know what the HUB app does, but if you are asking about texting capability, RC has the Royal IQ app on a few ships that does texting.

When we choose Carnival's Your Time Dining, we are always able to be seated at a private table. With RCI My Time Dining, is it easy to get private tables, or do they force you to sit at large tables with strangers? We want to avoid that.

Private tables are normal, you would have to ask for shared, have not even been offered a shared.

When we choose Carnival's Your Time Dining, we are always able to be seated at a private table. With RCI My Time Dining, is it easy to get private tables, or do they force you to sit at large tables with strangers? We want to avoid that.

I'm also new to RC, so take this with a grain of salt. However, from my research, Royal has the RoyaliQ app that acts very similar to the Carnival Hub app. Although, I believe it may only be available on their bigger ships, such as the Anthem.

I'm also new to RC, so take this with a grain of salt. However, from my research, Royal has the RoyaliQ app that acts very similar to the Carnival Hub app. Although, I believe it may only be available on their bigger ships, such as the Anthem.

fad1fdae147993aebb060e3170ae35d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

fad1fdae147993aebb060e3170ae35d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That looks like it’s not the Royal IQ app, but a newer RCI app they’re rolling out. From what I’ve read, this newer app doesn’t have on board texting functionality-at least not yet. RoyalIQ should still function on ships that were compatible, but that’s a different list.

You wonder what the hold up is on getting an app like that company wide across all ships. Outside of some elderly passengers, there is a lot of money, labor, and waste to be saved with an app like that. Disney's app showed information on all activities during the day, and you could communicate easily with members of your party, including ones you were traveling with in a different room. If I had access to that information on my mobile device I'd never look at something like a Cruise Compass. They could save a ton if they only printed a few every day for guests who requested it.

You wonder what the hold up is on getting an app like that company wide across all ships. Outside of some elderly passengers, there is a lot of money, labor, and waste to be saved with an app like that. Disney's app showed information on all activities during the day, and you could communicate easily with members of your party, including ones you were traveling with in a different room. If I had access to that information on my mobile device I'd never look at something like a Cruise Compass. They could save a ton if they only printed a few every day for guests who requested it.

Agreed. There's extra revenue to be had as well, I believe CCL charges $5 for each person to use the social features of their app.