Princess and MedJet Assist

MsSoCalCruiser

So for those who have used Med Jet, due you purchase in conjunction with Princess insurance, or Med Jet alone. Thanks, sorry if this questions seems lame.

MedJet is not coverage for medical costs. It is coverage for transportation costs to get you to a hospital near your home.

Most Travel insurance will only cover transportation to "the nearest suitable hospital" and if that happens to be in Belieze and you'll be hospitalized for 6 months and not able to fly without medical attendance, that's where you'll be unless you can pay for EXTREMELY expensive medical transportation.

I’ve had MedJet Assist off and on since I was in college. Add my name to the list of extremely satisfied customers. My case wasn’t bad enough to be airlifted (just a little Dengue Fever, aka Bonebreak Fever), but I was also way too sick to fly commercial. They coordinated everything and kept in constant contact, even in the pre-cellphone era. When I was well enough to fly, they arranged for a bilingual nurse to accompany me on the intra-Asia segments and had me seen by a Japanese physician of some renown in the field.

The earlier comment about limitations on locations they serve may be outdated; my understanding as a fairly recent member is that it’s truly Anywhere, aside from war zones and sanctioned geographies.

It’s cheap peace of mind.

The limitation related to jet accessable air strip is written in the policy.

MedJet is not coverage for medical costs. It is coverage for transportation costs to get you to a hospital near your home.

Most Travel insurance will only cover transportation to "the nearest suitable hospital" and if that happens to be in Belieze and you'll be hospitalized for 6 months and not able to fly without medical attendance, that's where you'll be unless you can pay for EXTREMELY expensive medical transportation.

Thank you, and Coral, for your responses.

Bought Medjet Assist for our Baltic Cruise two years ago, and we've continued to renew. The fact that it will pay for domestic extraction as well if you are 150 miles away from home is an added bonus. Hopefully we'll never need it, but after filing claims from Princess Insurance for two short-notice cruise cancellations in the past 5 years (my health issue and the second was my mom who would need our care during her illness here at home) we see the value and those charges are worth the peace-of-mind to us. The great thing is that Medjet Assist is for the entire year. Nice!

Sorry to get morbid here but Gayle and I are advancing in age and have started "end of life " planning to try to un-burden our surviving family from as many details/decisions as possible when the time comes.

In that planning, we discovered that MedJet Insurance includes repatriation of remains should death occur more than 150 miles from home. We travel a lot. Just something to keep in mind,

This question is for everyone who stated that they have purchased MedJet. Where did you purchase it? Did you have to shop online? I am not an online shopper unless it's on Amazon with a gift card. I would love to be able to stop somewhere and purchase this insurance

This question is for everyone who stated that they have purchased MedJet. Where did you purchase it? Did you have to shop online? I am not an online shopper unless it's on Amazon with a gift card. I would love to be able to stop somewhere and purchase this insurance

You can call them and purchase it over the phone.

We're in our early 60s. We purchase MedJet Assist through the AARP portal to get the discount.

While we like having it for cruising, we really need it just to travel as far as the capital city of our state because, once there, we're out of network for our health insurer......

Believe me, in this day & age, I will NOT stay in an out of network hospital past the doors of the ER! I'm not about to pay inpatient bills if I can get home to an in network provider.

We're in our early 60s. We purchase MedJet Assist through the AARP portal to get the discount.

While we like having it for cruising, we really need it just to travel as far as the capital city of our state because, once there, we're out of network for our health insurer......

Believe me, in this day & age, I will NOT stay in an out of network hospital past the doors of the ER! I'm not about to pay inpatient bills if I can get home to an in network provider.

No matter what you want to do, MedJet will not fly you home unless the admitting hospital says that you are medically fit to fly. I am not saying anything against MedJet as they provide a useful service but your plan to NOT EVER stay in an out of network hospital sometimes will not work.

DON

No matter what you want to do, MedJet will not fly you home unless the admitting hospital says that you are medically fit to fly. I am not saying anything against MedJet as they provide a useful service but your plan to NOT EVER stay in an out of network hospital sometimes will not work.

DON

I was hospitalized once out of state for an entire month as an inpatient and had to return to the hospital daily for treatment for another month. Pray it never happens but never say never.