Oasis of the seas April 22 2018 "livish"

If you'd like to try something really good, use your C&A bogo to get a couple glasses of the Caymus cab (not the special selection). It's really a very good wine, and it's what my wife practically forced me to try 6 years ago on Oasis to teach me that yes, I can really enjoy some wines (which may not have been a good thing because now I enjoy a lot of them ;) ), and with the bogo it will be a good deal cheaper than you'd get it per glass most places on land.

If you'd like to try something really good, use your C&A bogo to get a couple glasses of the Caymus cab (not the special selection). It's really a very good wine, and it's what my wife practically forced me to try 6 years ago on Oasis to teach me that yes, I can really enjoy some wines (which may not have been a good thing because now I enjoy a lot of them ;) ), and with the bogo it will be a good deal cheaper than you'd get it per glass most places on land.
Thanks for the tip, I am afraid it would be lost on me, hopefully someone else reading can take advantage of the suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back to the regularly scheduled program already in progress.

The solarium bistro was not full last night either so we were able to get in without a reservation. DW got the shrimp and very much enjoyed it. I just ate off the appetizer buffet. I am surprised it is not more popular, the food is quite good. I will say the wait staff could use a little improvement, but I suspect they are way overworked just like the MDR staff.

After did we went to the RP where there was a Trolls photo op going on that had generated quite the crowd. DW went to get her new favorite drink, champagne cocktail. I opted for a hot tea as my stomach was still settling from earlier.

Next up was Frozen in time. We arrived 30 or so minutes early and there was quite the line already. About 20 minutes before the show they opened the doors. We got a great 2nd row seat about midway along the side. Even once the show started there were plenty of seats.

I have to say this was thus far the best cruise ship performance I've ever seen. What they are able to accomplish on that small rink is simply amazing.

We pretty much high tailed it off to bed once the show was out since we had an early tour the next morning. We out out the room service card so we could have a leisurely breakfast on the balcony as we sailed into St. Maarten.

Just a random item, the ship seems to have a constant vibration when moving. It's more than I think I've felt on any other ship.

Up next, St. Maarten.

Was on Oasis a few weeks ago - totally agree that Frozen in Time was one of the best shows I've seen! I almost skipped it because I thought it was connected with Disney's "Frozen" :rolleyes: Glad I got it sorted out and didn't miss a great show!

Regarding stateroom outlets - someone on our cruise FB page said that there were outlets along the bottom of the headboard of the bed somewhere, but no one else in our Roll Call could find any other outlets.

Was on Oasis a few weeks ago - totally agree that Frozen in Time was one of the best shows I've seen! I almost skipped it because I thought it was connected with Disney's "Frozen" :rolleyes: Glad I got it sorted out and didn't miss a great show!

Regarding stateroom outlets - someone on our cruise FB page said that there were outlets along the bottom of the headboard of the bed somewhere, but no one else in our Roll Call could find any other outlets.

I will have to check for outlets when we go back to the cabin later. Maybe it's just a suite thing?

Thanks for your ongoing posts about your cruise. While your checking for outlets, I remember reading in a thread somewhere that there are USB ports available on the back of the TV. Can you check to see if there are any there?

Thanks for your ongoing posts about your cruise. While your checking for outlets, I remember reading in a thread somewhere that there are USB ports available on the back of the TV. Can you check to see if there are any there?
No outlets behind the bed that I could find. The tv does not appear to have any USB, it does have an HDMI input, but I don't think you can change the input in the tv.

Today was an early morning. We set out the room service card for between 630-700 well at 631 they were delivering room service. Waking up early on vacation is pretty much the worst.

It was very nice to sit out in the balcony and watch our arrival into St. Maarten. Time got away from us and all the sudden we were scrambling to get ready for our excursion. The meeting location was the main theatre. It was nice because you could check out towels and get bottles of water for the day. As soon as we were cleared they took us off the ship.

You should be prepared to hustle because they moved the group very quickly. The meeting point with the golden eagle crew was at the bow of the ship on the dock. The ship created a bit of a wind tunnel and it briefly started raining. They quickly accounted for everyone and we headed to the same dock as the water taxi.

More to follow...

Before I pick up where I left off, a couple of things...

First: elevator etiquette. Does no one in this ship understand that you let people off the elevator first before barging on? We had one today where the lady was standing in the doorway when it opened. Normally this isn't an issue for us because we always use the stairs, but that wasn't about to happen in this ship.

Second: I now know why there is a whole thread about coke freestyle machines. I used one for the first time today to get some vitamin water after a hot morning in San Juan. Those machines are pretty cool. I'm not a soda drinker other than mixed with alchohal so I've never paid any attention to them.

Third: After 5 days I am still getting lost on this ship. Usually I have the layout down pat within the first few hours. Not so much here.

Lastly: I will cover this in more detail later, but trust me when I say skip the burgers at the wipeout cafe. Side note, the pizza at Sorentos is perfectly edible.

Do you recall approx how much is it with the bogo ?

Ok, back to St. Maarten... man that feels like it was a long time ago and it was only yesterday.

We were quickly underway to our first destination which was a snorkeling spot. We were on the champagne cat because the regular boat was still undergoing repairs from Irma.

Sidenote, I cannot even imagine going through a CAT5 it was only a 1 when it passed over my house and that was nuts.

They provided all of the snorkel gear. The snorkel spot was nice with a couple of sunken objects and they throw food out for the fish. The catamaran had a ladder to go into the water or you could jump off the side. I would estimate the water temp was about 78.

After about 45 minutes they called us back in and we were off to the beach spot. They motored us out a bit and then raised the sails. It was a very nice ride. They started flowing the rum punch. At that point my stomach was still in knots (it actually still us today, I'm actually begining to suspect a stomach ulcer...) so I chose not to imbibe. DW decided she'd rather drink better stuff back on board Oasis later in the day.

The beach spot was nice, it was near a resort with loungers and umbrellas but those were not included. They anchored us off the beach in water that was deep enough to do a cannonball into (but I wouldn't know from experience ;) )

It was a pretty good swim to shore but the swim back against the current was a killer. They took a cooler to the beach with drinks for those who wanted them. It was another 45 min or so before we packed up.

The ride back was a blast. They really got the rum punch flowing and everyone was having a good time dancing. It was quite rough so the boat was crashing into waves and getting people sitting at the front wet. A couple of times we thought a few of the drunk people were going to fall overboard.

Once back at port we bought a magnet at one of the port shops and we were back on board a little after 1pm.

We had lunch at the park cafe again. DW was not a huge fan of the veggie panini. I had the Cuban, it was ok, BUT, there were NO pickles on it, how do you have a Cuban without pickles? The first thing I did after that was to go to guest services and begin a hunger strike... oh wait, nope, instead we went up to the Solarium to use the hot tubs.

I think this may have been the first time I've been in a cruise ship pool or hot tub in a long time, maybe 5 cruises ago. Toward the end I was reminded why when a kind of creepy guy came in and didn't sit on the bench, rather hovered over the jet. When we started eyeing my wife we promptly left.

Next up was... you guessed it... another nap.

I'll pause there for now as I have to get ready for a formal night dinner which means I have to both shave AND put on clean underpants...

I'm curious about the noro virus, also. Why was a well written response removed?
I must have missed the response.

There have been no signs on board regarding a noro outbreak. I know they did extra cleaning before the cruise and they have been cleaning like crazy. But other than the standard hand sanitizer everywhere I haven't heard any announcements.

I must have missed the response.

There have been no signs on board regarding a noro outbreak. I know they did extra cleaning before the cruise and they have been cleaning like crazy. But other than the standard hand sanitizer everywhere I haven't heard any announcements.

It’s possible it may have occurred on another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before I pick up where I left off, a couple of things...

First: elevator etiquette. Does no one in this ship understand that you let people off the elevator first before barging on? We had one today where the lady was standing in the doorway when it opened. Normally this isn't an issue for us because we always use the stairs, but that wasn't about to happen in this ship.

Second: I now know why there is a whole thread about coke freestyle machines. I used one for the first time today to get some vitamin water after a hot morning in San Juan. Those machines are pretty cool. I'm not a soda drinker other than mixed with alchohal so I've never paid any attention to them.

Third: After 5 days I am still getting lost on this ship. Usually I have the layout down pat within the first few hours. Not so much here.

Lastly: I will cover this in more detail later, but trust me when I say skip the burgers at the wipeout cafe. Side note, the pizza at Sorentos is perfectly edible.

After I witnessed a group of kids run into the Wipeout Café and grab handfuls of fries with their hands, I decided to avoid the Wipeout Café altogether. :o

No outlets behind the bed that I could find. The tv does not appear to have any USB, it does have an HDMI input, but I don't think you can change the input in the tv.

I was on the Oasis back in January and had read about the outlet behind the bed. I found it! Our OV balcony room was set up with the bed closest to the balcony. There was a little table next to the bed and then the sofa. I found the outlet under the bed on the wall if you start from the little table looking. (hope this makes sense)

How are the water temps in the pools? Our last cruise was in January and it was pretty cold and hoping it's warmer when we go next month.
The solarium pool was cool, however we had just gotten out of the hot tub. It was definitely cooler than we keep our pool at home.

It’s possible it may have occurred on another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was a note in yesterday's cruise compass about staying in your room if you have noro symptoms and that a member of the medical team would visit you in your cabin.

No other signs that I've seen. They are constantly wiping down railings and cleaning.

I am nearly convinced that my stomach discomfort was/is an ulcer because I picked up some strong antacids in San juan and immediately felt better. Never had any issues that required a trip to the toilet.