CRUISE NEXT ULTIMATE- what is the extra FREE offer?

forgotmyCCname

Just perusing my cruisedocs and notice that there is Cruise Next Ultimate where you get an additional free offer for selecting ship and sail date while on board( I don’t know why they don’t just call it a booking) Has anyone had an opportunity try this and what is this fuh-ab-u-lus offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may be wrong, but I think this is the offer where if you book onboard then you get a free upgrade of one level on your cabin type. So, if you pay for a BC then you get a BB as an example.

There are some issues with it. It is only an upgrade within the same cabin type, so you don’t upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite for example. Also, if you book a non standard type then this doesn’t apply. For example, we recently booked a M6 onboard and these can’t be upgraded (either from or to).

In effect, it means that if you are booking a standard type of room then you pay for the level below. That means you get a small discount, depending on current pricing. Expect to save about $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but I think this is the offer where if you book onboard then you get a free upgrade of one level on your cabin type. So, if you pay for a BC then you get a BB as an example.

There are some issues with it. It is only an upgrade within the same cabin type, so you don’t upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite for example. Also, if you book a non standard type then this doesn’t apply. For example, we recently booked a M6 onboard and these can’t be upgraded (either from or to).

In effect, it means that if you are booking a standard type of room then you pay for the level below. That means you get a small discount, depending on current pricing. Expect to save about $50

You are correct. You get an in-category upgrade. You pay for a BC, you get bumped to a BB. You pay for an IG, you get bumped to an IF. You CANNOT bump to a better category eg. Inside room to oceanview, oceanview to balcony. Bump is only within the category you booked.

Not much of a bonus, but worth it to some I guess.

Anyone know if this can work with a guaranteed room rate but be upgraded therefore get perks?

I don’t know about specifics, but almost certainly not.

I assume that would be similar to my booking an M6. These upgrades only work within the main cabin groups (ie BA, BB, BC). I’d be amazed if the X categories were upgradeable in this way.

Okay, so I booked onboard with Cruise Next, and I have absolutely no idea what my additional perk was. Didn't think about it until afterwards. Maybe my price was slightly reduced? Anyway, no cabin upgrade, as we booked our dream cabin for my DD's graduation present. Garden Villa on Dawn to Bermuda....can hardly wait!

Okay, so I booked onboard with Cruise Next, and I have absolutely no idea what my additional perk was. Didn't think about it until afterwards. Maybe my price was slightly reduced? Anyway, no cabin upgrade, as we booked our dream cabin for my DD's graduation present. Garden Villa on Dawn to Bermuda....can hardly wait!

We did CN and booked while on board the Sun in March. Since we booked an aft room there was no additional perk so I assume there probably wasn't for you either if you couldn't be upgraded within your booking.

Just perusing my cruisedocs and notice that there is Cruise Next Ultimate where you get an additional free offer for selecting ship and sail date while on board( I don’t know why they don’t just call it a booking) Has anyone had an opportunity try this and what is this fuh-ab-u-lus offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We receive a 1 category upgrade in cabin style book balcony received mini suite.

We receive a 1 category upgrade in cabin style book balcony received mini suite.

That is much more generous than I have ever heard of being given before. Are you saying you actually received that upgrade?

The specifics of the offer might change depending on ship or month....Just got off the Bliss and the CC I thought said one level upgrade but when she gave specific examples said from lowest level in category to the highest like ID to IA. I think what they might do if you pick an A cabin, rather than give you upgrade they charge you for a lower cabin