Cruise travel magazine preview of FREEDOM

abteer

If anyone gets this magazine or you can go buy it there is a great article on the new ships coming out for 2006, mainly Freedom of the Seas! This month has great articles a big article for cell phone use at sea and the cruise line directory, and a list of cruise ships being retired......I'd go get this one for this month guys!!

Teresa

Where does one buy a copy of this magazine? I went to my local Borders this afternoon, and they didn't have a copy.

Theron

I have seen it at Borders and Barnes and Noble but the newest issue will not be available until about around the second week of January at the newstand. The ones with subscriptions get it much sooner.

can anyone tell me the name of this magazine?? I've been looking for it for months and most of the stores around here don't have it, or if you have a phone number where I can call and order would help also. Thanks, KMBB

I have seen it at Borders and Barnes and Noble but the newest issue will not be available until about around the second week of January at the newstand. The ones with subscriptions get it much sooner.

Ah yes that makes sense... It reminds me of when they did a little burb about my tip calculator in Smart Computing magazine, I had to go to the store every other day or so for a couple weeks, until it finally showed up and I got a copy! :D

Theron

We have been getting Cruise Travel magazine for years and devour it the day it comes in. When I got a flier on Porthole I sent in for it figuring it should be good. Dw and I both agree it is nowhere as good as Cruise Travel and will not be renewing our sub. I suggest you try out a copy of each before paying for a sub, they are 2 VERY different magazines.

I used to like porthole but now half of the magazine is ads. And cruise travel is so thin for the money you pay. So both have their flaws but I still keep getting them.

I agree. Cruise Travel is thin but mostly editorial material, not that much advertising. And all their editorial material is usually readable and relevant to fanatic cruisers like us folk on CC.

Porthole articles frequently read like an article in a general magazine where the writer is not familiar with cruising and is just completing an assignment. Not so Cruise Travel.

Happy New Year to all

WooHoo can't wait to get my copy. I too am a Cruise Travel fan. I read it front to back as soon as I get it. I get Porthole also but it does not grab my immediate attention as Cruise Travel does.

If you go to magazines.com and order it it's only $17.95 and if you use Upromise link you get 25% of that deposited into your child's 529 plan :D I get all my magazine through them (about 12 publications) and love that I can look up everything in one place and don't have to ever wonder if my magazines are expiring when you get those pesky notices. They are all set up to automatically renew when they are due not months before hand. It sends me an email giving me the option not to renew prior to it renewing it too. BTW: Porthole is not available through them though, it was a Christmas gift subscription.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I Googled "Free Cruise Travel" I believe and I came to this site that told you to take a survey and it would get you 6 free copies of Cruise Travel. I did it and received my first issue a couple weeks later. I'm not exactly sure of the site, but the 10 minute survey was worth the free magazine. I'll try to find it again and if I do I'll post again.

Derek

I'm glad i read this thread.We used to get porthole but got disenchanted with it.I new there had to be another cruise mag out there.

The only one we get right now is Carrribean travel and life. Not to bad a mag if you wanna know about the islands.We're thinking about doing an all inclusive in the next 5years or so.no time like the present to start dreaming errrr planning i mean:D .

Seeeuuuu

Jeff

I haven't gotten my DECEMBER/JAN issue yet. I called them and they assured me it was on the way, but it's January now... I've had a lot of problems with my subscription. They sent me a bill saying I hadn't paid yet (when they had already cashed my check...) I hope they get my account straightened out soon. I'd like to read the new one.

I too have subscribed to Cruise Travel Magazine for more than ten years. Also, I have not received my January edition. I can't wait to read what they have to say about the Freedom; our next booked cruise. Yes, the magazine has gotten smaller since on-line cruise forums have become so popular and there have been so many mergers of advertising cruise travel agencies who used to do the advertising. I still enjoy reading the Mail Bag letter of experiences from cruisers. Let's hope my addition arrived this week. Also, the news stands in major malls and Barnes & Noble often carry the addition. Look in about a week, as it should be on the newstands.

Bon Voyage

You guys living in the US are lucky, I have to pay $7.50 Cdn for each issue. It is a rip off. the magazine gets smaller all the time and the price goes up . When the exchage rate got better, they never changed the price. Also, the magazines are always a month behind. so the January issue I can't get until February

Archived