Dialysis.

I have a friend who loves to cruise. But now he is on Dialysis. Would like to know if any of the RCCL ships have Dialysis treatment facility's on board so he can go back to the travel he loves. Also would like to know the cost he is only on Medicare.

I can tell you it's pretty pricey and not covered by Medicare. And they don't direct bill insurance so you have to pay upfront.

And if it's on RCCL they will charge a certain rate and then when you get your dialysis they will ask if you want the premium package with medications for only $59.95 more (just kidding.)

I can tell you it's pretty pricey and not covered by Medicare. And they don't direct bill insurance so you have to pay upfront.

And if it's on RCCL they will charge a certain rate and then when you get your dialysis they will ask if you want the premium package with medications for only $59.95 more (just kidding.)

Love the premium package with the Mircera/Venofer and a tasty low phosphorus treat.

I have a friend who loves to cruise. But now he is on Dialysis. Would like to know if any of the RCCL ships have Dialysis treatment facility's on board so he can go back to the travel he loves. Also would like to know the cost he is only on Medicare.

DH was on dialysis for 3 years (thankfully, he has recovered and no longer requires it), and during that time we took many cruises booking with Dialysis at Sea. (http://www.dialysisatsea.com) They provide dialysis services on a variety of cruises and we found them to be very professional, with caring competent staff.

You can figure on the cruise costing about 1-1/2 times the published price (they roll their service charge into the cruise price), plus the cost of dialysis treatments, which at the time was about $1200 for 3 treatments.

As you know, it is not covered by Medicare, however some Medicare supplement policies and other travel medical insurance policies may cover some of the cost.

Hope this information is helpful.

There are no facilities onboard. If you want to cruise, you will need to go thru Dialysis at Sea for hero-dialysis. If you are doing peritoneal dialysis, you can have your supplies delivered and do that in your cabin. You will need to bring your equipment.