Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

I'd like to add my thanks for all the work put into the live thread. And I really liked the Voyage Planner. Do you think that's something that will be added to most cruises or just the longer ones? Hi to all the 2016 Westerdam gang.

Hi Susie :)

The Voyage Planner in my room is only for the 14 day since I booked as a B2B so hopefully it will be in place for the fleet. It's the first time I've seen it and I really like the layout.

I'll get another Voyage Planner in Dover.

That reminds me, how is the scavanger hunt going, or is that on the next sea leg?

Too soon for the photo scavenger hunt, JG.

That's on the last set of sea days IIRC. We still have a cabin crawl and wine tasting to do before that ;)

I keep checking the spread sheet to make sure I'm not forgetting something - LOL :)

We have the new wine packages on board.

I like the selections in #2 and #3 and Vict0riann is happy with #1 so they are all being sampled ;)

Our wine steward was surprised that we wanted packages when we had the SBP for the first 14 days. Apparently most don't do that. The house wine may be drinkable, but we like nice wines at dinner, I explained.

Here is the Sommelier package:

676ff3243e77918966d37f24bd8f94a3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their Cruise Director signs off with a “toodle oo.” Or at least she used to do so. It’s quite annoying. She was on one of our Maasdam cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a CD on one of our cruises who always signed off with "Woo Hoo!" which was SO annoying. Apparently he's changed (or has been told to) and no longer does that.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Dinner in the PG last night was beyond just good. There was a good assortment of choices and everyone enjoyed their meal.

Our amuse bouche was really tasty...

f8768ba56c1d10468b6a6ea2ceb2648f.jpg

And several of us enjoyed the caesar salad.

They offered the selection of light, medium or heavily dressed (very nice) and of course, we all opted for anchovies ;)

4a2b8c0b1b986d88e8c71e6d319e2e0d.jpg

Our amuse bouche was really tasty...

What was it?

It appears from the daily program that there is no cocktail time music in the Crow's Nest. Is that correct? In the past there has been someone on the piano (not the same one who plays there later in the evening).

And the musician for later evening joins the group in the Ocean Bar at cocktail time.

Am I reading that right?