What to do??

disneygirl21

Me and my fiancé are going on the Allure of the Seas sailing 8/5/18 for our honeymoon!!! I have never been to San Juan (this is my 15th cruise!) & he has never been out of the US or on a cruise.

What do you recommend for San Juan?? We are doing a snorkel / boat tour in St. Maarten and zip lining in Labadeee.

I looked into the ATV's. But I thought some sort of island tour / beach day would be perfect. We are there from 7 am- 2pm. So I don't want to get off the ship and go to a beach at 8 am lol.

Any help would be appreciated :D

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in San Juan last week on the Freedom of the Seas from 7am - 2pm (all aboard was at 1:30). We are a married couple in our 30s with two children (ages 9 and 6). We got off the boat and walked to the fort (Castillo de San Cristobal) and then after the fort walked back down towards the ship and did some shopping along the way. We stopped to eat at Casa Cortes Choco Bar.

Hello, we were in San Juan 4/25. My husband, myself and my 14 year old daughter booked a Segway tour through Segway Tours of Peurto Rico (https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g147320-d11455173-Old_San_Juan_Segway_Tour-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html)

It was one of the best tours I have done during a cruise and it was the 1st time we were brave enough to book something different than a RCCL shore excursion. Our guide Jose gave us a great history of San Juan and personal insight into what it is like to live on the island. I would highly recommend it.

Enjoy your trip!

We booked a rainforest tour with Ellis for upcoming trip, he'll drop us at the fort. I'll post some notes when back.

Awesome!!!!! Let me know how it goes!!

Hello, we were in San Juan 4/25. My husband, myself and my 14 year old daughter booked a Segway tour through Segway Tours of Peurto Rico (https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g147320-d11455173-Old_San_Juan_Segway_Tour-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html)

It was one of the best tours I have done during a cruise and it was the 1st time we were brave enough to book something different than a RCCL shore excursion. Our guide Jose gave us a great history of San Juan and personal insight into what it is like to live on the island. I would highly recommend it.

Enjoy your trip!

OOO!!! That may be perfect!!! We were going to do an ATV tour. But those sometimes can be really hit or miss. It was a rainforest tour. I will definitely bring this up to my fiancé! THANK YOU!

• 2 weeks later...
We were just in San Juan last week on the Freedom of the Seas from 7am - 2pm (all aboard was at 1:30). We are a married couple in our 30s with two children (ages 9 and 6). We got off the boat and walked to the fort (Castillo de San Cristobal) and then after the fort walked back down towards the ship and did some shopping along the way. We stopped to eat at Casa Cortes Choco Bar.

Kings2001, this is exactly what we plan to do with our kids! Did you have a map you used that you could share or did you just follow signs? Google? Thanks!

Kings2001, this is exactly what we plan to do with our kids! Did you have a map you used that you could share or did you just follow signs? Google? Thanks!

We just used Google on our phone. It was really a great day!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be on the Allure next winter and am also wondering what to do given the morning hours we'll be in port. I've been to San Juan three times. Twice I was just in port for a day, but once I stayed two nights post cruise. However, I focused on Old San Juan and may just do the same again as there's a restaurant I like and would enjoy eating in again.

At the same time a rain forest tour would be good, too. So, I'll follow this thread and see what ideas pop up.

Did you see my review/notes?

Awesome!!!!! Let me know how it goes!!

OOO!!! That may be perfect!!! We were going to do an ATV tour. But those sometimes can be really hit or miss. It was a rainforest tour. I will definitely bring this up to my fiancé! THANK YOU!

Hi, did the kids like it? I will be there for a short time as well and do not want to leave the Old San Juan area. I am afraid we won't be back on time.

Hi, did the kids like it? I will be there for a short time as well and do not want to leave the Old San Juan area. I am afraid we won't be back on time.

Both kids loved it. We got back to the ship about an hour before all aboard.

Although its uphill, the fort is less than a 20 min walk from the ship with a moderate pace) you won't be far at all (assuming not docked at PanAmerican)

• 2 weeks later...

Love Old San Juan! Walk around and explore. We have walked to all of the following from the pier:

Do it yourself food tour. If you like chocolate, stop by the Casa Cortes Choco Bar for something delicious.

https://www.chocobarcortes.com Or try Cafe Mallorca -- its traditional and full of locals. Nothing fancy, but service was incredible and they were gracious. Search on Yelp for Empanades. You can't go wrong!

Other stops:

Cathedral of San Juan Bautista - houses tomb of Ponce De Leon

El Morro