Can you use swapped out Coffee Card on your next cruise?

Ellipooh

We are traveling in September under Sip&Sail promo, so all of our beverages are included in the purchase price. We will be in a Suite, which means a mini-bar setup. In the past, I have been delighted to swap out the mini-bar for 2 Coffee Cards, as I really enjoy the specialty coffees during my cruise.

But with the S&S promo, there’s no need for the Coffee Card. My question is, can I do the swap out anyway, and then save the two Coffee Cards for my next trip (ie, one on which I do not have the luxury of either S&S or Suite benefits)?

I think the answer is Yes, except possibly as to brewed coffee. I know there have been recent changes to the Coffee Card, including having the voyage written on the Coffee Cards. But they’d still be good for the 15 specialty coffees next time. Right???

So far, I'd answer that you are right. The 15 punches will remain good. The card may or may not be good for brewed coffee.

On our April 1 cruise, we got 2 cards with no expiration date, no cruise number, ship name, or anything else on them. Even when the girls used them to get hot chocolate, no one wrote in a voyage number or otherwise marked them in any way. My plan is to see what we get on our next cruise, and hang on to the ones with no date, using the ones that might be marked with an expiration date or voyage number.

My suggestion is...since you'll be in a suite, if you get cards with an expiration date, complain (nicely, of course). See if you can get it switched for a card with no date.

If the ship name/voyage # is on the card...your choice if you want to try to get that reversed.

Good Luck!

And, please, come back and let everyone know how it goes.:D

My suggestion is...since you'll be in a suite, if you get cards with an expiration date, complain (nicely, of course). See if you can get it switched for a card with no date.

If the ship name/voyage # is on the card...your choice if you want to try to get that reversed.

Good Luck!

no harm with elite people asking the same thing about the coffee cards

Good Luck!

Love it - since you are in a suite - complain when policy is followed. Make sure you complain “nicely” because combined with being in a suite this makes you special.

People have been posting that they are now selling coffee cards which expire the end of this year. So, if you want to use the cards in 2018, you are probably OK, but if you want them for a cruise in a subsequent year, that may not work.

People have been posting that they are now selling coffee cards which expire the end of this year. So, if you want to use the cards in 2018, you are probably OK, but if you want them for a cruise in a subsequent year, that may not work.

Princess has now forced people to either give their cards away or sell them on eBay with this latest requirement.

Previously I've been saving my older cards with the intent to possibly use them someday but now they leave me no choice if I want to get any value from them.

We are just back (3 days ago) from the Golden where we spent a lot of time at the International Cafe (our hangout for most mornings). The coffee cards on that ship all had an expiration date of 12/31/2018! We talked to several of the IC staff and they told us they ignore the expiration date and nothing has changed. This means you will be able to utilize your unused punches on any future cruise....but this assumes that what we were told is correct....and will not be altered by Princess in the future. As always, the Coffee Cards are good for unlimited small batch brewed coffee and tea....only on the cruise where you obtain the card. I should add that some of our friends on the recent cruise were using very old coffee cards (when they were printed with an entirely different format) with no problems.

Hank

The coffee cards on that ship all had an expiration date of 12/31/2018! We talked to several of the IC staff and they told us they ignore the expiration date and nothing has changed.

Hank

Well sure they ignore the 12/31/2018 today but what about in Jan 2019?

Everything points to a big change next year & even the beverage director on the Royal said they would not be honored.

Looks like it'll all depend on what server you get. ;);)