OASIS 1st Night Birthday Celebration

Hi--We are a party of 11 adults and 2 small children going to sea on the OASIS June 10th 7-day Eastern sailing. Two of our six staterooms are Owners Suites--no Royal Genie, but maybe some concierge help--not sure.

First night is 28th birthday of the mom of the 2 small children. I am wracking my brain for a good celebration that includes the kids--birthday mom wants to include them. So far, we have 150 Central Park at 6 pm, but I am not sure this upscale restaurant is the best idea.

I am looking for alternative ideas for people who have planned good celebrations, especially first cruise night celebrations, that have included children. I have been thinking about this for weeks--I want this to be the right kick-off for our large group cruise.

I would agree with Giovanni’s and also suggest going to the dollar store before the cruise and buy streamers and balloons. While the mom is out, you and the kids decorate her cabin. Have the kids make her a birthday card or present before the cruise. My granddaughters and I did this for my hubby. It was fun for everyone.

• 4 months later...
Hi--We are a party of 11 adults and 2 small children going to sea on the OASIS June 10th 7-day Eastern sailing. Two of our six staterooms are Owners Suites--no Royal Genie, but maybe some concierge help--not sure.

First night is 28th birthday of the mom of the 2 small children. I am wracking my brain for a good celebration that includes the kids--birthday mom wants to include them. So far, we have 150 Central Park at 6 pm, but I am not sure this upscale restaurant is the best idea.

I am looking for alternative ideas for people who have planned good celebrations, especially first cruise night celebrations, that have included children. I have been thinking about this for weeks--I want this to be the right kick-off for our large group cruise.

What did you end up doing and how did it go. I am taking my mother on a cruise for her 70th birthday and we sail next month. I booked an Owners Suite for my cabin and a balcony cabin for her.... I thought about having a birthday of sorts at the dining table area in our suite. I figured I'd ask the concierge if I can have a cake brought to our cabin one evening to celebrate. But, I'm anxious to hear what you did and maybe follow your idea.

I would recommend First Night Done Right option. It is cheaper, even though they select the dining option you can change it once on board if you don't like their choice