*** LIVE *** from Oasis of the Seas - May 6, 2018

So here’s some final thoughts/observations, keeping in mind these are my opinions based only on my own experience [emoji6]

Embarkation: Very well organized when we arrived at about 11A.M. Boarding had already begun, and they do have a separate line for Suites and D+ and maybe other C&A levels but I didn’t notice, so we were through security and checked in ready to board from curb to ship in 20 minutes.

We did take the shuttle from Budget, and in retrospect we should have dropped our luggage first and then dropped the car (as suggested by one of my readers!).

Lunch on Day 1: We know better than to head to the Windjammer at noon on embarkation day [emoji849], and we weren’t all that hungry so my DH and Talia hit the Doghouse on the Boardwalk, and I figured I’d grab something later, which I did at about 12:45 in the Windjammer - there was a line to get in, but it went quickly. As I mentioned earlier, sadly there was no honey stung chicken. I’ll also take this opportunity to comment on the fact there was nothing even remotely welcoming or elaborate about the WJ welcome aboard lunch. Not a single ice carving or fruit carving display as I’ve seen (and enjoyed) on other ships. There was a sheet cake of some sort, that may have said something but by 12:45 the cake was already massacred.

Our Cabin: Doors to the cabin hallway opened promptly at 1PM. I absolutely love our cabin location on deck 11, it is quite literally 15 steps from elevator to door (no walking off those extra desserts this time!) I’m not sure what the code is for our particular cabin on Oasis class, but it’s a standard balcony cabin that holds 4 with the sofa bed pulled out. I found the cabin quite comfortable, although slightly tight on space when the 3 of us were all trying to manoeuvre around while getting ready to go out. There were enough drawers, cabinets and closet space for all of us to unpack completely. The air conditioning worked perfectly, and there were no strange smells, or toilet flushing issues. For anyone really curious about my cabin location, we are in 11268 [emoji1303]

Food: This topic is just so subjective.... we are definitely not foodies, and therefore not overly critical, but I’ve sailed on ships where the food has been terrible, where it’s been outstanding, and where it’s ok and passable. I will give the food on this cruise an “ok and passable”. Nothing stood out as fantastic. Now if you ask me about my culinary experience on Anthem this past January, I’d tell you it was absolutely outstanding and blew me away every single meal - I mean it!

The Windjammer was a disappointment this cruise, even at breakfast (which in my opinion is always good on cruises). Everything was salty, more so than usual.

At the end of the day, none of us starved [emoji6]

Diamond Lounge: Not crazy crowded. Median age about 75. I parked myself (where I am as I type this), at the high top tables in the corner. The bar snacks were mostly inedible, so I drank my calories. ‘Nuf said lol.

Entertainment: I don’t have all that much to say, as we skipped most of the shows. We were just busy doing other stuff and shows aren’t usually a priority. We did love the Aqua Show [emoji1303] I didn’t see the CD around the ship at all, so no idea if he’s “good” or not? We didn’t go to Love and Marriage.

Shopping: One of my favourite pass times! The stores were well stocked - which is a big deal because I’ve seen empty shelves on a lot of ships. I bought an Oasis of the Seas spirit jersey this afternoon using my 15% C&A discount.

Condition of ship: Oasis is very well maintained, however I can see certain areas that need refurbishment (I believe there’s a dry dock in 2019?) overall the ship is in great condition.

Crew: I had read some comments prior to my sailing that the crew were some of the most unfriendly people had encountered on cruises. I’m going to say I personally did not have a negative experience (except with one person who shall remain nameless) I thought the crew were fine, some smiled more easily than others, but overall they were great. I understand how gruelling their work is, we all need to cut them some slack sometimes, right? Nobody is happy ALL of the time.

So, I have come to the end of my ramblings for now. It has been a wonderful week aboard a beautiful ship with decent weather and fun ports of call [emoji4]

I have enjoyed providing all of you with some laughter along the way, and hopefully some useful information?!?!

To my favourite human GPS, Ocean Boy, thank you for keeping me informed as to my exact whereabouts at all times.. it should be very clear to you after all these sailings together that I’d literally be lost without you. Here’s one more for the road [emoji849]LOL!

And lastly, thanks to all of YOU for faithfully following along with me this week, it has been an absolute pleasure.

I hope to see some of you on a ship one day soon!

Cheers!

e053984b0125c678937fe5c6110de877.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ ckrobyn, if you haven’t had the coconut shrimp in the MDR tonight, it’s the best ap I’ve had all week

Thanks for the tip! I actually had a few in the DL tonight and you’re right, they are very good!

Oasis is working it's way up the Old Bahama Channel. This is the route I thought you would take. Key Largo is to the west off the port side of the ship. Empress of the Seas, on her way out of Miami, should soon cross from left to right across your bow.

Have a great last night. It has been a fun way to come down off of my cruise. And have a safe trip home.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I enjoyed following along all week. Literally waking and grabbing my phone to see if you’ve added anything since I last saw before I went to bed. So much fun! Would love to run into you in November on our next cruise. First cosmo is on me.

I enjoyed following along all week. Literally waking and grabbing my phone to see if you’ve added anything since I last saw before I went to bed. So much fun! Would love to run into you in November on our next cruise. First cosmo is on me.

Thanks so much Jenni [emoji4] Are you on Oasis November 11th? If so, let’s meet for that Cosmo!

I throughly enjoyed following you all week. I am sorry that will not be on the same sailing on the Oasis this fall. We will be two weeks ahead of you. Thanks again for a fun week.

Dona

Thank you for the live posting. We board next Sunday - May 20th. First time on Oasis but this will be our 13th cruise - 2nd this year.

One question I had - how crowded were the pools on sea days? We have a different itinerary with 3 1/2 sea days (1/2 being boarding day) and we want to spend most of those days at the pool. Do we need to get up super early to get a couple of chairs?

Did you notice that one pool was less crowded than another? I know each cruise is different and I have read so many comments about how packed the pools are but there seems to be a lot of space on this ship compared to others so just curious.

Thanks again and safe travels home.

Thanks so much for reviewing the Oasis of the Seas. We have never sailed this class of ship and you and others who have made comments have helped tremendously with questions I haven't even thought of yet!

Once question I don't recall seeing answered or asked yet: How far in advance of your cruise where you able to book shows, beverage or dining packages, other like excursions or spa treatments? TIA

Thank you for the live posting. We board next Sunday - May 20th. First time on Oasis but this will be our 13th cruise - 2nd this year.

One question I had - how crowded were the pools on sea days? We have a different itinerary with 3 1/2 sea days (1/2 being boarding day) and we want to spend most of those days at the pool. Do we need to get up super early to get a couple of chairs?

Did you notice that one pool was less crowded than another? I know each cruise is different and I have read so many comments about how packed the pools are but there seems to be a lot of space on this ship compared to others so just curious.

Thanks again and safe travels home.

We just had 3.5 sea days which included the .5 for day of boarding. The pool wasn’t busy on boarding day so finding a lounger was easy. I can’t say the same for actual sea days, you have to get up and out to the pool by 8AM or you won’t find a lounger in the sun, at least not poolside. Every pool was crowded, although we enjoyed the freshwater sports pool on port days.

Have a great cruise! [emoji4]

Thanks so much for reviewing the Oasis of the Seas. We have never sailed this class of ship and you and others who have made comments have helped tremendously with questions I haven't even thought of yet!

Once question I don't recall seeing answered or asked yet: How far in advance of your cruise where you able to book shows, beverage or dining packages, other like excursions or spa treatments? TIA

You’re most welcome!

I believe the shows etc. opened for booking 90 days prior to the cruise.

Tonight’s dinner was in the Windjammer, if you are a seafood lover then this is the place for you on the last night [emoji4]

b3b7c6f38aa4f297c065088754e6b8b5.jpg

edf2ed035cd7764f43ce12d80567cefc.jpg

200750b19bfd9ead9a96a354622a50bc.jpg

I’m kinda intrigued by the crawfish although I haven’t a clue how to eat it...[emoji15]

Here’s some fruit carvings - glad to see them even if it IS on the last night!

3e572738fa6d42c33066b994a2bfe214.jpg

4806eb387ed395f83055b1cfb2448962.jpg

We just had 3.5 sea days which included the .5 for day of boarding. The pool wasn’t busy on boarding day so finding a lounger was easy. I can’t say the same for actual sea days, you have to get up and out to the pool by 8AM or you won’t find a lounger in the sun, at least not poolside. Every pool was crowded, although we enjoyed the freshwater sports pool on port days.

Have a great cruise! [emoji4]

Thanks for the info. I am an early riser so that should not be a problem. And the loungers don't have to be poolside either, just a location to get some sun and a drink are fine with us.

Thanks for the info. I am an early riser so that should not be a problem. And the loungers don't have to be poolside either, just a location to get some sun and a drink are fine with us.

There were a lot of loungers away from the pool on deck 16, you should be fine [emoji41]

There were a lot of loungers away from the pool on deck 16, you should be fine [emoji41]

Thanks. That’s what I figured. So much more to do on the ship but we just want to lounge, read and drink and maybe nap.

@ckrobyn thank you so much for the review. It was very informative and I really appreciated all of your insights I'll be on the Allure in July and I hope that I'll be able to do the same.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

LIVE reviews are really fun, you should try it! [emoji1303][emoji1303]

If you don’t like rides, Universal is not for you! Lots of roller coasters and thrill rides. From what I remember, the shows came no where close to the shows at Animal Kingdom. Make sure you see Finding Nemo: The Musical and Festival of the Lion King. Those two shows are worth the price of admission alone. At Epcot, it’s all rides (save for a couple of movies in World Showcase). But they’re just slow moving ones.

I’m not a thrill ride person, either, but I do love Disney World!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going for the Harry Potter stuff. Otherwise we wouldnt even be going there :)