Obstructed view cabins Ovation of the Seas

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, ShellRay said:

We have this room booked in December. Would love to see photos if you are able to get any !! We hope you have a great up coming cruise !

Our room was changed to deck 13 with a larger balcony so I won't be able to take any pictures of your room.  Good Luck!  We sail next week so we are very excited.

1 hour ago, Trish52158 said:

Our room was changed to deck 13 with a larger balcony so I won't be able to take any pictures of your room.  Good Luck!  We sail next week so we are very excited.

Oh Nice 🙂 !!!! I hope you have a fantastic time !!

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, CMee said:

We will be in cabin 7114 on the Ovation of the seas, anyone have photos of it? It's obstructed 

It's a port hole view balcony as shown below. These are on starboard side but port side ones are similar.

AnthemDecks7 8 fwd.jpg

AnthemPortholeDO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 6:27 PM, travellady09 said:

We are booked in 7260, obstructed balcony,

Anyone know how bad is the view or have pictures of it? :o

Thanks

Dee & Bill

Did anyone else notice this?  On the RCCL web site, when choosing a cabin, it offers balcony citing the view, and, for obstructed balcony, "Enjoy the SOUNDS of  the ocean" (emphasis mine) Not very encouraging.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, Chiliburn said:

We just got of ovation,we had cabin 6646 obstructed deck 6.

It was a fantastic cabin on the hump,next to the suites,the cabin attendant looks after the suites and was the best,Balinese fellow.

Deck 6 has a fire door you can access 270 through the library (avoiding the crowds)and one deck from the promenade.(avoids the lifts)131D182E-A93F-4023-8574-DF90F9C77F11.thumb.jpeg.1da93a6c30dfed617ff65df23f6e9693.jpeg

We slept most nights with the door open,the ocean was only a few decks down and what a lovely sound in the middle of the night.

There wasn’t any extra noise from the promenade,if you hung your head over the railing you could listen to public announcements also there was a little bit of light,not much,that lite the balcony.

Hi ! Can you tell me what the mattress was like? I've heard the beds are very firm on Ovation. We have your cabin 

Thanks Andrea

3 hours ago, michele49 said:

Hi ! Can you tell me what the mattress was like? I've heard the beds are very firm on Ovation. We have your cabin 

Thanks Andrea

I’ve been on the ovation 5 times,you would think they were all the same but no.

maybe as they get a bit older they wear?

In that cabin 6646 they were good .not soft not hard.

6646 is probably the best cabin location we have had on Ovation.

Right at the lift,one deck down to the promenade and there’s a door on deck 6 that goes into 270 and the library.So good for avoiding the hordes of people.

Also if you leave the door open you can hear the ocean.

The cabin attendant was the best we have ever had and we have had a few suites in our cruises.

Can you please check I think I left $100 in the safe.LOL

Edited by Chiliburn

3 hours ago, michele49 said:

Thanks Andrea

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve been on the ovation 5 times,you would think they were all the same but no.

maybe as they get a bit older they wear?

In that cabin 6646 they were good .not soft not hard.

6646 is probably the best cabin location we have had on Ovation.

Right at the lift,one deck down to the promenade and there’s a door on deck 6 that goes into 270 and the library.So good for avoiding the hordes of people.

Also if you leave the door open you can hear the ocean.

The cabin attendant was the best we have ever had and we have had a few suites in our cruises.

Can you please check I think I left $100 in the safe.LOL

Great review -thanks!! I may still ask for a mattress topper 👍We're very pleased that for an guaranteed obstructed view we actually have 6646 ...which is not even obstructed! When we open the safe you realise that cash is going on some nice bubbly 👍😎🍾🍾🍾👏 Lol !!!😂

8 minutes ago, michele49 said:

Great review -thanks!! I may still ask for a mattress topper 👍We're very pleased that for an guaranteed obstructed view we actually have 6646 ...which is not even obstructed! When we open the safe you realise that cash is going on some nice bubbly 👍😎🍾🍾🍾👏 Lol !!!😂

I think they had mattress tops ,also I like to get a extra blanket for a siesta on the lounge or on the balcony or for movies under the stars on the pool deck.

your right it’s not obstructed,it’s on the hump.and it’s cheap.

as I said we had a grand suite on deck 10 once and for the price 6646 is great.

Edited by Chiliburn

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kentuckytravelgirl said:

what about cabin 10262, would that view be obstructed by the wall between 10260 & 262?  I booked it because it looked like the balcony may be a little larger...hope I didn't make a mistake

I can’t see the would  be obstructed in any way,maybe rear view that’s about it 

Edited by Chiliburn

• 3 months later...

January 2018, 6660 had a bad grinding noise followed by a definite clunk...it was repetitive even in smooth seas, we complained and they said they would investigate, a supervisor came up the next morning, smooth water and grind...crunch....grind, crunch...made a phone call and then took us to 9318, way down the back where it was nice and quite☺

Picture of the obstructed view🙂

IMG_20180128_103651.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, travellady09 said:

We are booked in 7260, obstructed balcony,

Anyone know how bad is the view or have pictures of it? :o

Thanks

Dee & Bill

Repost------Has anyone got any pictures of the balcony from this Ovation room?

Thanks

Dee and Bill

• 9 months later...