New York Pier

Psweets

And I'm going to piggyback on this:

I'll be on the Horizon in September and would love to know any restaurant/bar where I can get mimosas before I get to the pier?

I will be traveling on the Horizon in July and want to know how early you can get to the pier?

I am going to assume that NY has the arrival appointment scheduling that other ports have (I cannot find anything to the contrary) and if so, then you need to arrive at the time you selected while doing online check-in (90 days prior to embarkation unless you've previously completed online check in). If you arrive earlier than the arrival slot you picked, they may well deny access to the cruise terminal until your scheduled arrival time is reached.

NYC is using scheduled arrivals for the Horizon this summer. When you are checking in online you are going to be prompted to select an arrival time. I selected 11:30am for my August cruise on the Horizon, there have been reports from other ports about people being turned away for arriving earlier than their scheduled time.

Thank you everyone for you input, does this still apply to Platinum and Diamond members?

No, if you're Platinum, Diamond or have purchased FTTF, you can arrive when you want regardless of the check-in time you've chosen.

And I'm going to piggyback on this:

I'll be on the Horizon in September and would love to know any restaurant/bar where I can get mimosas before I get to the pier?

American Retro Bar and Grill

714 11th Ave (between 50th and 51st St.)

One block UP from the pier

Other than that, anything else is a pretty LONG walk!:D

American Retro Bar and Grill

714 11th Ave (between 50th and 51st St.)

One block UP from the pier

Other than that, anything else is a pretty LONG walk!:D

Thank you so much!!!

The Manhattan terminal opens it's doors as early as 9:30am for platinum+ passengers. This would mean perhaps a longer wait in the priority lounge. In the lounge there is what could pass for a basic continental breakfast, danishes, coffee, tea, and iced tea.

If we show up early say 9:30ish for an 11:30 check in, will they at least let us park? There's no way to time our drive down to NYC to arrive at 1100, as we'd risk hitting too much traffic coming from home. Bad enough we'll arrive in NYC during a workday and morning rush hour. I don't expect to necessarily be allowed in the terminal, and am fine being stuck outside, but I'd like to know whether they'd at least let us into the garage. I can't imagine we'd be the only ones arriving around that time.

If we show up early say 9:30ish for an 11:30 check in, will they at least let us park? There's no way to time our drive down to NYC to arrive at 1100, as we'd risk hitting too much traffic coming from home.

The pier side parking lot will open at 9am for new cars, but many of the previous passengers are still disembarking. It may take a few turns around the roof top lot to get a space. By 10:30am most of the returning cruisers should be done processing through customs and at their cars ready to leave.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

For getting off the ship, when do they let Platinum guests off, I need to know when to schedule our pick up time for our driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It all depends on your scheduled arrival time, which type of disembarkation you choose, how well the Customs lines are staffed, and how many others are eligible to depart at the same time. Platinums+ that report to the priority lounge are generally the first set of passengers off for either of the 2 types.

Example: Ship docks at 8 am. Priority self assist is instructed to present themselves in the Red Frog Pub by 7:30, while priority relaxed/zone disembarkation passengers are instructed to report there no sooner than 8:15 but before 8:45am. At 8:05 Customs give the all clear to start letting people off. Self assist Diamonds and Platinums waiting in the Red Frog will be told by staff (no PA announcement) to line up to leave very soon after Customs tells security it's OK. So figure walking down the gang plank, having to walk though the terminal to Customs to be processed, and get to the street will be at least 20 minutes for those at the front of the line. Usually after the first 30 or so people the lines at Customs starts backing up, so if this is your option give walk off and processing upto 40 minutes.

It's possible while the SA passengers are leaving the pub, zone debarkation D&Ps will be arriving. The exact timing of relaxed debarkation will depend on how many Customs personnel are sorting the off loaded luggage. If there is an excessive amount of self assist passengers this personnel may be shifted to getting those lines tamed down.

With that said in mid-Nov 2016 when we debarked the Vista in NYC, as zone 2 relaxed Platinum passengers (Diamonds had zone 1) we finished with Customs and we're waiting on our ride outside by 9:30am

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app