LIVE! From Celebrity Solstice May 11th 2018 Alaska Cruise

islandtime87

For Dinner in Tuscan we had Darko and he was amazing! Our bartender in World Class Bar was also named Darko.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear you scored Darko in Tuscan!

You’re off to a great start with your live review. After disembarking yesterday, it feels like we’re still onboard, or the next best thing, thanks to your posts. Enjoy the day through the BC inside passage, something the Seattle-based Solstice cruises miss, unfortunately.

Glad to hear you scored Darko in Tuscan!

You’re off to a great start with your live review. After disembarking yesterday, it feels like we’re still onboard, or the next best thing, thanks to your posts. Enjoy the day through the BC inside passage, something the Seattle-based Solstice cruises miss, unfortunately.

Yes this morning the views are amazing from our balcony, really glad we did this cruise instead of the Seattle to Seattle.

Following along, great so far! We did the Solstice a few years back, last one of the season and it was great. I see that Brent Nixon and his wife, Miss Amanda are also on board. If you have a chance, go to one or more of their talks...def not boring, we enjoyed them very much!

Have fun!!

Cathy

It is Captain Tasos Kafetzis...he said during the muster drill this was his first cruise after having 3 months off so I’m assuming he will be on the ship for June 1st. He is hilarious btw...

Captain Tasos is the best ever.You are in for a real treat.

He was Captain on the Constellation a number of years ago. It was the best cruise ever in the Eastern Med. He would tell a Greek myth during sailaway. You could hear a pin drop when he told the story.

He was also so funny at Liar's club.

Love your live thread.....

Thanks for the review and photos!! Love them!

Can you tell me if they have umbrellas provided for use? And if so, are you able to use them off the ship as well?

Have a great trip!!

TIA -

Thanks for the review and photos!! Love them!

Can you tell me if they have umbrellas provided for use? And if so, are you able to use them off the ship as well?

Have a great trip!!

TIA -

We are in a suite and yes one Umbrella is provided for use on/off the ship.

We were in a standard balcony stateroom on the previous sailing (Honolulu to Vancouver) and were given umbrellas the night before arriving Victoria as rain was forecast. And they were used, too!

We were in a standard balcony stateroom on the previous sailing (Honolulu to Vancouver) and were given umbrellas the night before arriving Victoria as rain was forecast. And they were used, too!

Thank you for the reply! I love Cruise Critic - a wealth of information and friendly folks!! <3

Yes this morning the views are amazing from our balcony, really glad we did this cruise instead of the Seattle to Seattle.

We are really enjoying following your report and the photos of the dailies is great. Could I just clear something up with you or maybe someone else could help. Solstice shows on the tracker we are using as sailing west of Vancouver Island. I didn’t think there would be any views on that part of the route. I thought the ship needed to be in the inside passage for any views. Are you port or starboard or were your views there before the ship headed into more open waters?

Sandra

What tracker do you use?

********** dot com position locator shows west of Vancouver Island

marinevessel dot com shows Solstice leaving the Inside Passage

We are really enjoying following your report and the photos of the dailies is great. Could I just clear something up with you or maybe someone else could help. Solstice shows on the tracker we are using as sailing west of Vancouver Island. I didn’t think there would be any views on that part of the route. I thought the ship needed to be in the inside passage for any views. Are you port or starboard or were your views there before the ship headed into more open waters?

Sandra

So I woke up around 6AM on sea day 1 and we were passing through a passage of some sort. I’m or the port side of the ship and had nice views, the view lasted till around 9AM and then we were out in the open water again.

Dinner was in Luminae tonight for evening chic night. I did a mix and match menu. Got pakora from the main dining room, followed with Jerusalem artichoke soup, followed by salad and then main course was Cauliflower Steak. Enjoyed the dinner very much. Our server Bayou in Luminae is amazing and so is our Somelier Victor.

9de99bda65bace00f81eddae222e4496.jpg