Live - Harmony of the Seas 5-19 to 5-26-2018 Finding Inner Harmony with 6k others :)

Today has been a light day due to the rain, most of this has been walking the Royal Promenade

:)

Just shy of 3 miles so far..who says you do not get exercise on a cruise??

2b02065668375fd031a1d27a5cb296eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainy sea-days were made for

605c6c72ed80a17df8eb824cd2621def.jpg

So, I know you're cruising on a nice vacation, and I'm surfing these forums to find out what cruising is like (never been) and what to anticipate on a trip on Allure of the Seas in September . . . and of course, I'm gonna choose to comment on this picture:

THAT GAME IS AWESOME :cool:

Is that a Switch?? I had no idea they made a version for it. Thanks, now I need to take this on my cruise too.

Anyway, thank you very much for these updates, they are great! I appreciate all of the photos. Sure some of them are "basic" shots of a menu, etc. But you have a great eye for the angle and composition on most of your shots! I'm impressed! So much better than many people's vacation photos!

I have to ask you, it seems like the cruise ship just isn't very busy in a lot of your shots. Even on the sea days photos nothing seems crowded or bulging with people. That's always been one of my big concerns for me and my girlfriend. We're not too crazy for crowds, and worry that many activities we want to do will be filled with people competing for sun deck chairs and pools, or feel like you're walking through a mall on Christmas week if you're on the Promenade, etc.

That really doesn't seem to be the case in your photos though. Are many of them just timed right? Or does it really feel that breezy and uncrowded?

So, I know you're cruising on a nice vacation, and I'm surfing these forums to find out what cruising is like (never been) and what to anticipate on a trip on Allure of the Seas in September . . . and of course, I'm gonna choose to comment on this picture:

THAT GAME IS AWESOME :cool:

Is that a Switch?? I had no idea they made a version for it. Thanks, now I need to take this on my cruise too.

Anyway, thank you very much for these updates, they are great! I appreciate all of the photos. Sure some of them are "basic" shots of a menu, etc. But you have a great eye for the angle and composition on most of your shots! I'm impressed! So much better than many people's vacation photos!

I have to ask you, it seems like the cruise ship just isn't very busy in a lot of your shots. Even on the sea days photos nothing seems crowded or bulging with people. That's always been one of my big concerns for me and my girlfriend. We're not too crazy for crowds, and worry that many activities we want to do will be filled with people competing for sun deck chairs and pools, or feel like you're walking through a mall on Christmas week if you're on the Promenade, etc.

That really doesn't seem to be the case in your photos though. Are many of them just timed right? Or does it really feel that breezy and uncrowded?

Thank you so much for the nice comments regarding the photos! I try to learn to improve my composition, especially when I see some really good travel blog. Thanks again!

Yes, that is the switch! I am a gaming nerd at middle age :) For several trips in the past I even traveled with my Playstation and a small travel monitor( more so when we do not need to fly to our cruise. The switch is a godsend for me.

As to the pictures and the density of people, I try to avoid including many people in my pictures out of respect, ( some shots it is unavoidable).

The density of people on any particular part of a cruise will vary as it will depending on what ship etc. Like on a bright sunny sea-day on NCL Breakaway sailing out of NY their pools and pool deck are completely unusable to us as it get mobbed. That is my opinion only but I have many pictures to reflect this. On the Oasis class ships, ( which Allure is included in) even with more people, I have not experienced terribly crowded venue beyond obvious times. Dining rooms letting out.. show letting out etc. there will be a large crowd just like st a land based venue.

Here is the promenade just after early dinner let out...

9906d85aff69c554e3fb39076bb935b2.jpg

When there is a parade or party on the promenade it will also be obviously crowded but to be expected.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised most of the time at the lack of density most times of the day.

Even today with rain, the boardwalk and central park were almost unusable due to the rain for a good bit and the interior of the ship was very busy but I found quiet space and things to do that were not very crowded.

You may find the elevators to be a bit crowded as the day goes on but again not terribly bothersome.

Hope you have a blast with all Allure offers and just go with the flow!

Thanks for checking in!

Ventured down to the ..

e10affd90943324f7af94c6220d3d391.jpg

83991c875bd212da3ea884dae6997d74.jpg

Have not even ventured into the theater this week yet.. crazy amount of things going o the week flys by.. I need another week or two or three to do everything..

ec1a174392b698fb736911f7d4b1a9dc.jpg

Yes... ok we can move on..

a75d91fef8da1a62586c92d63e23db03.jpg

34727723c3d0d430f284fd3470a56643.jpg

Also another venue on the list to attend next cruise...

91d7a680c8ca211871c018bc94b74f39.jpg

80a95f2aef62fd78c636d427181a8fa4.jpg

I walked in with my head in my phone taking pictures and did not notice the bass player practicing..

f173b3132cb885d83131b7df0e1a268c.jpg

He said he did not mind my presence so I indulged a bit with a quick private concert...

http://

Will you look at the time... I think... yes I am sure... it must be ... it has to be time for a......

Rising Tide Old Fashion by my man Devon..

83073eec60cc6d868ef5806676e837e3.jpg

Take me up to the mother ship... or just Central Park...

c7e00d4c23ae808f3fac175a685689a9.jpg

A very good Old Fashion...

0e28be02abaedf03d74db680a07dfe70.jpg

The rain finally relented so we swung by the Boardwalk...

The Abyss is a wuss... he does not operate in the rain...

9176d12c98125cfe2703456f9cb14760.jpg

e5ddeeb3898583fd2dc197f072c88077.jpg

But it was not a total waste as we snagged little bit of heaven that has enticed us all week with it’s fragrant smell wafting to our balcony...

b98c2d0a83565e55a74cb5e18b8a8aa6.jpg

$2.50 each with a discount of 2 for $5 ;)-

1e54250e527caebd969c386de3d6d901.jpg

Heaven ... a little taste of heaven.... (singing does not come through in a message board post sorry)

d88971183885eea473d5f07fc21ff8df.jpg

It was then time to venture to a group slot pull which resulted in $0 dollar benefit but invaluable fun with friends and family... so a definite win!

I do not anticipate anything that exciting to happen later tonight... or at least any I can relate here on cruise critic ;) so this will end a somewhat uneventful day 6.

Sadly that means we are onto the last day of the cruise tomorrow if my calculations are correct... it cannot be, it is, say it ain’t so, it is so... well then see you all tomorrow.. good night Cruise Critics!

Cruising at 20.6 Knots back to Fort Lauderdale..

d2e4cda9f2a91dbe1c11421de788c87b.jpg

I did not forget the one open question regarding drinks and smoothies in the teen room.. I will try to find out tomorrow.

If I missed any others and you want to remind me please do so by replying and I will try to answer them tomorrow as it is difficult looking back through the thread on my phone.

Thanks.

I did not forget the one open question regarding drinks and smoothies in the teen room.. I will try to find out tomorrow.

If I missed any others and you want to remind me please do so by replying and I will try to answer them tomorrow as it is difficult looking back through the thread on my phone.

Thanks.

I appreciate it! Your posts have been very helpful and have gotten me more and more exited!

Well after almost 6 days in this Boardwalk Balcony Cabin, I can offer a bit of a critique on the cabin location. The cabin itself has been wonderful and feels plenty roomy with the layout than many similar cabins on other ships.

We never felt crowded and there is plenty of storage.

The one thing we do not like is this location, deck 12 on the boardwalk, this cabin is very noisy, as you can hear everything from up top on the sports deck to everything on the boardwalk and with the bed next to the balcony, if you like to take an afternoon nap or try to go to bed before the end of the last diving show you will hear a lot of the action.

Most afternoons they perform the diving show practice and you hear every part of the music and sound effects.

I just point this out as we have been on ocean-view balconies and central park balconies and they were both much quieter from our experience.

The above is nothing cruise ruining, but just offering so one may be aware. We are not sure if lower level cabins on the boardwalk are better at blocking the noise from the sports deck or not.

Ok back to the fun stuff...

We were on this cruise last week and stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony on the 10th deck, third cabin from the very back. We definitely noticed the noise during the day but I don't think it was coming from the sports deck. I could be wrong but we did hear the Aqua show practices and any noise from the Boardwalk itself. At night, we could hear the movie and sometimes it seemed like kids running and yelling. It did get quiet though eventually and we had no problems sleeping at all.

Good Morning Seadog67, loving the review! Did you bring your switch base station? I want to know if it’s possible to hook it up in the cabin. I enjoy using the switch on a tv whenever I have access as well as my pro controller. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on this cruise last week and stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony on the 10th deck, third cabin from the very back. We definitely noticed the noise during the day but I don't think it was coming from the sports deck. I could be wrong but we did hear the Aqua show practices and any noise from the Boardwalk itself. At night, we could hear the movie and sometimes it seemed like kids running and yelling. It did get quiet though eventually and we had no problems sleeping at all.

Thanks for passing on your experience! I agree after the second show on nights they have it it gets nice and quiet. If someone was looking to read on a quiet balcony in the afternoon, the noise is definitely noticeable.

Good Morning Seadog67, loving the review! Did you bring your switch base station? I want to know if it’s possible to hook it up in the cabin. I enjoy using the switch on a tv whenever I have access as well as my pro controller. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Morning! I did not bring my base station. After many cruise bringing my systems you either cannot access the input on the tv or if you can you cannot change them.

On Harmony you can access the back of the tv

b5fe03335fae9e99f657d594a805cf8c.jpg

But you cannot access the inputs to change them nor does the TV controller input button work.

I purchased and used for many trips the following 15” Gaming Monitor which was easily brought along in a carry on and accepts hdmi input allowing you to use your dock and pro controller.

01b441a9cecce5c84b01ab4546be4279.jpg

Hope this helps!

Edited by seadog67

Good Morning Cruise Critics..Welcome to Day 7

..................................................................................................... I had to let the shock that shook me writing the above to calm down realizing it is our last day of our cruise on Harmony of the Seas....

To say I am going to miss my quiet morning coffee routine...

d4e30ac472cc77404e0e776881e55de8.jpg

is like Batman without Robin.... Superman without Lois Lane...

To answer the question in the title of my report.. can one find peace and Harmony on a cruise with 6k other passenger? The answer....

http://

Yes in case you do not watch the video :)

Thanks.

Hey, you know my pressing question...... did you buy the model??:halo:

Had a very nice relaxing morning so far.... shocking I know....

As our dinners have been in Icon Grille each night ( our wait staff of Camille and Ljubo have been fantastic), I came to think that for the past several years when it is only Mrs. Seadog and myself cruising, we have opted for the My-Time Dining option on most cruise lines.. and this week having a more traditional dining experience has shown us that we miss the traditional dining with the same wait staff each night compared to my time as well as dining with others, ( though we dined this week with family and friends) we plan to select traditional dining on our next cruise to meet other people and have familiar waitstaff each night.

To say we had a blast each night with Camille and Ljubo would be an understatement!

So I walked a bit this morning to see the other dining rooms. Icon Grille is on deck three.. Silk is on deck five...

It has an Asian/Oriental Motif..

de3b8d52c03931803681f61b8dc6ab85.jpg

8d6527ba15276af9a908ff75178faa7b.jpg

caa6c57e9567f7022f51aafb68ad5fe1.jpg

6b77de353eac49e264169b574f1f6d99.jpg

12a5996cae40e23ca66a68d64f5791f5.jpg

c34ca611141bc2796d7d27fab5247d2d.jpg

Good Morning Seadog!!

Great video - perfect way to start my Friday in the office!!! ;)

Enjoy your wonderful last day - I know you will make the most of it - you sure have all week, it's been a treat to follow you and get more excited for my 2nd go around on Harmony!!!

Cheers!!!