Room config on HOTS

Hi I will be sailing in category 1S room 9605. Is there a way I will be able to tell if the bed is near the window or near the door? I see rooms in that category are configured both ways. What is the reason behind having some near window while others are near door? Why stagger the configurations? There must be a reason.

Edited by Rellyrooly

Hi I will be sailing in category 1S room 9605. Is there a way I will be able to tell if the bed is near the window or near the door? I see rooms in that category are configured both ways. What is the reason behind having some near window while others are near door? Why stagger the configurations? There must be a reason.

The bed is near the bathroom.

The bed is near the bathroom.

Thank you. Are all rooms in the block the same or is it staggered every other? How can one tell by looking at deck plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. Are all rooms in the block the same or is it staggered every other? How can one tell by looking at deck plans?

Staggered.

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

It's some sort of design reason. It is what it is.

Configuration is driven by revenue a ship that size must have to be cost effective. Fitting the rooms together like puzzle pieces rather than a standard rectange reduces the s squre footage needed per room. All that square footage adds up to RCCL able have more cabins generating revenue.

Configuration is driven by revenue a ship that size must have to be cost effective. Fitting the rooms together like puzzle pieces rather than a standard rectange reduces the s squre footage needed per room. All that square footage adds up to RCCL able have more cabins generating revenue.

Exactly.

It’s even gone beyond the configuration of rooms to optimize layout. I read an article that talked about them being able to save just fractions of an inch per room in the material thickness between rooms added up to an extra cabin on every row of cabins per deck.

I must apologize but I still don't see how or why this is necessary. Aren't all the bathrooms in the same place, just flipped? Aren't all the room sizes exactly the same and basically the boxes are inserted into the ship? Still unsure why the beds have to be placed differently. It just seems like the outside shell is the same and all they did was move the beds and couches? I'm sure I must be missing something. No, it doesn't matter in the end but my curiosity is peaked.

I must apologize but I still don't see how or why this is necessary. Aren't all the bathrooms in the same place, just flipped? Aren't all the room sizes exactly the same and basically the boxes are inserted into the ship? Still unsure why the beds have to be placed differently. It just seems like the outside shell is the same and all they did was move the beds and couches? I'm sure I must be missing something. No, it doesn't matter in the end but my curiosity is peaked.

The adjoining wall of a pair of cabins is not a straight line. The cabin is narrower at one end than the other. The wide end on one cabin accommodates the bed while the narrow end accommodates the desk and sofa. The narrow end on one cabin is now the wide end on the adjacent cabin. Once you see the room you will understand,

The adjoining wall of a pair of cabins is not a straight line. The cabin is narrower at one end than the other. The wide end on one cabin accommodates the bed while the narrow end accommodates the desk and sofa. The narrow end on one cabin is now the wide end on the adjacent cabin. Once you see the room you will understand,

Thank you Ken! Now that makes sense! I guess I have never noticed that when on Allure; assuming it is the same on Allure. Either way, that makes complete sense to me now. Thank you for explaining!!!

Thank you Ken! Now that makes sense! I guess I have never noticed that when on Allure; assuming it is the same on Allure. Either way, that makes complete sense to me now. Thank you for explaining!!!

You’re welcome. It is the same on Allure for balcony cabins.