Trans-Atlantic Cruise??

cambriah

Which direction do you travel TA? Or have you done both? Which is favorite? I have never done a TA cruise ... but am considering one.

Thanks.

We go both ways. We do like the 25 hour days better than short 23 hour days. We really have no favorite, but the northern route when it includes Iceland and especially a stop in Greenland is very special.

We have repeated almost all the TA ports but always find something interesting to do on all the stops.

Go for it!!

P&J

My opinion about the red part of the above quote. ….. I think it's inappropriate to blame Princess Cruises as a whole because of your perceived notion of lack of activities or for the fact that what was offered was not to of interest to YOU! When scanning thru the daily Patter at the listings of activities, and considering the number of passengers onboard, and the wide variety of interests of those passengers, it's impossible to please everyone. That doesn't mean that Princess (or any other cruise line, for that matter) has done something wrong or failed to provide things to do on sea days.

I've done several TA's in both directions on Princess ships, and thoroughly enjoyed them. And while only some of the sea day offerings were something I had enough interest in to attend or participate, I did not view that as a fault or failure to provide on the part of the cruise line. Instead it was merely that their available options and my interests did not sync.

TOTALLY AGREE!!:cool:

We've been on 11 TAs, split between EB and WB since were on the Crown WB TA in fall 2009. All but one was on Princess. One of the main reasons we gravitated to them and have stuck with them is the good value that they are, plus only one intl flight is involved. We have also done a few European-only cruises. We enjoy the many lectures on sea days; usually there are 2 different lecturers so range of topics. We went only on Cruise Critic member-arranged private tours, which are usually cheaper and with many fewer people than those arranged by the ship. Also have frequently used Hop-On, Hop-Off buses to get around foreign ports (buses usually come right out to the ship). They have onboard recorded commentaries about what you're seeing. Lately I've walked around ports on my own (DH not interested), especially those we've been to before and thus I'm familiar with the area (Ponta Delgada, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Athens, Malaga, Venice, e.g.).

We go both ways. We do like the 25 hour days better than short 23 hour days. We really have no favorite, but the northern route when it includes Iceland and especially a stop in Greenland is very special.

We have repeated almost all the TA ports but always find something interesting to do on all the stops.

Go for it!!

TOTALLY agree.

My opinion about the red part of the above quote. ….. I think it's inappropriate to blame Princess Cruises as a whole because of your perceived notion of lack of activities or for the fact that what was offered was not to of interest to YOU! When scanning thru the daily Patter at the listings of activities, and considering the number of passengers onboard, and the wide variety of interests of those passengers, it's impossible to please everyone. That doesn't mean that Princess (or any other cruise line, for that matter) has done something wrong or failed to provide things to do on sea days.

I've done several TA's in both directions on Princess ships, and thoroughly enjoyed them. And while only some of the sea day offerings were something I had enough interest in to attend or participate, I did not view that as a fault or failure to provide on the part of the cruise line. Instead it was merely that their available options and my interests did not sync.

Thank you for sharing.

Which direction do you travel TA? Or have you done both? Which is favorite? I have never done a TA cruise ... but am considering one.

Thanks.

My favorite is east to west. That way you have most of the ports and

sightseeing at the beginning and my favorite relaxed sea days at the end. For me the time is more favorable since you get an extra hour to sleep in almost every day at the end of the voyage. Having seen most everything by far my favorite are the sea days. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums