Onboard credit verification?

Jtothe7

Hi! We leave tomorrow!!! We used a travel agent for the first time when booking the cruise. Our experience was, uh, lacking. As a result, I'm a bit dubious as to what we really got out of the deal. Can you check to see if you have an onboard credit before leaving without calling Carnival? As of right now, I don't see anything in my carnival.com account. Thanks all!

Most OBC doesn't show until you get onboard. We have $250 from our TA for our cruise on June 10, but it doesn't show anywhere except on the email TA receipt -- which I will have with me when we board. We also got some OBC from Carnival after finding cheaper excursions and using their 110% price protection form. That, too, does not show up anywhere except the email from Carnival -- which I will also have with me when we board.

Our OBC has always shown if we click on Details in Manage My Booking. It breaks down the cost of cruise and our OBC is always there as a line item. Did you check there? If not, I would call your TA and ask before you leave.

My TA buys "gift cards" which becomes OBC.

If I go to "Manage my Booking"...and then look at details, it's there. It's listed as $25...but the total is $150 because I received 6 $25 gift cards.

MY OBC from Carnival is listed as a line item with the cost of the cruise, as per the poster above.

I haven't booked through a TA in several years, but when we did, the OBC only showed up once we were on board. I carried all documentation with me just in case, but it never was an issue. OBC offered by Carnival has always shown up in my online documentation, which I also print to carry with me, just in case. I also carry proof of my water purchase & excursions purchased.

Most OBC doesn't show until you get onboard. We have $250 from our TA for our cruise on June 10, but it doesn't show anywhere except on the email TA receipt -- which I will have with me when we board. We also got some OBC from Carnival after finding cheaper excursions and using their 110% price protection form. That, too, does not show up anywhere except the email from Carnival -- which I will also have with me when we board.

In my experience, all OBC is shown when you look at you cruise details. I see any promotional OBC from Costco (as my travel agent), OBC that was offered as part of room/rate offer and OBC for shareholder perk. Perhaps your OBC from your TA isn't showing as they haven't sent it to Carnival yet.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk