Here's a Vibe tip for the Escape

LrgPizza

Now that Escape is in NYC sailing to Bermuda, it is being filled with lots of passengers who have previously sailed Breakaway. As many know, there are not as many smoking areas on Escape as there are on BA. According to Rommel, the head bartender in Vibe, lots of people familiar with Breakaway are getting Vibe passes on Escape only to then learn that Vibe on Escape is non-smoking. This doesn't sit will with everyone. He said that so far on every NYC sailing, there have been people who buy Vibe passes then go to Guest Services demanding a refund because they find out it's non-smoking (and some because they found out they can't play their music, or some because he doesn't let you scream the F word... Rommel runs a tight ship.) Anyway, if you go to Guest Services late in the day Sunday or else check on Monday, you have a shot at buying these returned passes. We met 2 couples on our cruise last week who had purchased their passes on Monday like this. It's not a guarantee, but it's worth a shot if you miss out in the first wave.

• 2 months later...

Great tip and so happy it is smoke free too. I saw pictures on another post last week but cannot find it. Does the Escape Vibe have cabanas like BA and GA? It didn’t seem so from the pictures.

Great tip and so happy it is smoke free too. I saw pictures on another post last week but cannot find it. Does the Escape Vibe have cabanas like BA and GA? It didn’t seem so from the pictures.

No "Cabanas" more loungers. Very nice. And I was able to play my own music on my small JBL bluetooth speaker. Not blasting, loud enough for me to hear only. Rommel was there and Roberto was his assistant. Excellent service all around.

Thanks, that makes sense, the cabanas blocked the view of that whole area. Plus it makes the decision of getting a cabana or not easy! I got one on my last cruise on the BA and GA since I like privacy, but regretted it on the Getaway. When you factor in the 100 dollar credit you get, it seemed silly not to get it when available. But I actually prefer that they are not there.