Internet Package

davewg59

I Don’t see how anyone can answwer that question.

Would it mean you couldn’t buy something else?

Are you traveling alone or would you be sharing the internet package with a companion?

What do you use the internet for?

There are so many questions that only you know the answer to

Is it worth buying the package prior to going on holiday?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No real advantage to advance purchase unless there is a sale that is better than the Captain's Club discounts. Setting up once on board is quick and easy.

Okay correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is 10% discount if purchased in advance on top of Captains Club discount. If true then yes it’s worth it in my opinion considering how much they charge!

The normal price in the Cruise Planner is 10% lower than the price on the ship. I have used my Captains Club discount to reduce the on-line price without a problem. However if there is a sale where the normal price in the Cruise Planner is reduced then you can’t get the sale price and use the CC discount both.

The normal price in the Cruise Planner is 10% lower than the price on the ship. I have used my Captains Club discount to reduce the on-line price without a problem. However if there is a sale where the normal price in the Cruise Planner is reduced then you can’t get the sale price and use the CC discount both.

Yes, that is my recollection as well.

This. :cool:

You do have to call in to get the Captain's Club discount applied to the pre-cruise price.

This. :cool:

You do have to call in to get the Captain's Club discount applied to the pre-cruise price.

This is what I love about these message boards. Thanks for the info, I just got off the phone with Captains Club and was able to take advantage of my 25% Select level discount on top of the 10% pre-cruise online discount! Booked and done :cool:

Is it worth buying the package prior to going on holiday.

Celebrity UK cruise prices currently include the Classic beverage package and free unlimited WiFi. I asked for a price without the free WiFi as we don’t need it and was told it’s the same price. This offer ends 29th.August.

The Captain’s Club discount only works if you purchase internet for one device. If you try to use it for two or more devices, they will not give you a discount.

We usually only travel with one device anyway (less to keep track of) so I was fine with the one device option. However, the Captain's Club rep did tell me quite clearly that although it is a one-device package, DH & I can share as long as only one device is logged on at a time. I'm not trying to encourage any cheating of the system, the information was offered to me by the CC rep. Clearly the package should not be shared with other travelers who are not in the same stateroom. But unless both need to be online at the same time, a one-device package should work. Food for thought...