Prepackaged snacks on Golden Princess

What kinds of free prepackaged snack items have you found on Golden princess?

Very little. There's some small boxes if cereal in the buffet/MDR at breakfast. Otherwise, most all food is fresh/open - not in packages, etc.

What kinds of free prepackaged snack items have you found on Golden princess?

None other than cereal in the morning, and maybe some soup/cheese crackers. If you want pre-packaged snacks you have to bring them on board. If you just want food for your cabin you can call room service. If you want items like chips and salsa for your cabin you would have to go to the buffet around 3:30 in the afternoon and get a plate, no pre-packaged potato or tortilla chips. Items like cheese are available all afternoon and evening at the buffet and the International Cafe. Again, not pre-packaged.

No, I haven't seen much at all on Princess. Even the yogurt is in a large container (not individual servings), at least when I've cruised. Really all I've seen are individual cereals and milks at breakfast. Everything else is in bulk.

If DCL is using the individual bags regularly, that's new. It used to be a "hit or miss" thing--as if they put out so many each day and when they were gone, too bad. Maybe that's why fares have increased so much!

Dumb question...but why do you need individual snacks? If for excursions, we always choose something from home with a little nutritional content. We just bring a decent quality protein bar or granola bar 6 pack, which works fine. For stuff in your room, Princess has the International Cafe which serves a lot more than the Vista or Cove Cafes on DCL and is open 24/7 except for a brief time in the middle of the night when they close for cleaning.

We have gotten small yogurts in the buffet at breakfast. I have also seen Pringles in the gift shop. Think airport pricing. :rolleyes:

I'm in agreement with others here that, if you want packaged foods for shore excursions, bring quality Granola or other similar bars. Candy that won't melt - such as PayDay. Trader Joe's sells bags full of smaller bags of almonds. Excellent snack and nutritious as well.

Do they have any bags of chips? I know DCL had lays and doritos at their grill

Nope, no bags of chips/crisps - I would have mentioned them if available!

You can get potato chips fron room service 24/7. Plain, salted thin chips like Lay's/Walkers. Very good. There'd also tortilla chips in the buffet or fron room service. Neither are packaged up, they're served loose..

There bar snacks at some bars, assorted olives at Crooner's. Either you have to ask for, again not packaged up but served in personal serving size.

There's packaged crackers from International Cafe, room service or sometimes buffet . Two cracker packets, usually Keebler brand.

If you're looking for items you can take off ship, you'll need to bring prepackaged sealed items.. There's not anything but the cereal or crackers available for free (there's some available for purchase of course, in the gift shops).

Really all I've seen are individual cereals and milks at breakfast.

It has been a while since I have seen individual cartons of milk on Princess. Usually it is a big pitcher in the buffet to pour from.