Earliest flight Miami

sneal326

If your ship doesn’t get in until 7am I would say no! You should be at the airport by 8am or 830! We were told anything after 11:30 is fine! If you want to try it you will definitely need to walk off with your luggage and hope you make it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow! 9:45! :eek:

For a 9:45 flight you would need to be at MIA NLT about 8:15 (earlier is better if you've ever seen the TSA line at MIA); if it is a weekend the taxi from POM to MIA will take about 15+ minutes. So that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration before 8:00.

Possible - maybe. Likely - doubtful. Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: Listen to Bruce's advice and find a flight leaving about 11:00 or later. ;)

If it is a weekday, or over the holiday weekend mid-January, way too risky.

You should ask on the RCI boards as to what the earliest walk-off time is for your specific ship on the specific day of the week you are disembarking. I would say three hours after that time point would be the best you could get away with. If it is a weekend and you are not checking bags and/or flying AA (security at their concourses is usually more efficient than the rest of MIA) you may be able to cut it closer. But 9:45? Only if you can be on your way in a taxi by 7:15, and again not a weekday or holiday.

Possible, yes. If you do self-assist and get off in the first group. My friend was sitting at her gate by 7:30 last time out of Miami, if I recall. We got home around 7:30 and she was already at her gate. 9:45 is pretty easily doable if everything is smooth. It's more risk than I'd want to take, personally, and I'm the anxious type that would worry the entire cruise. That's really up to you.

But consider it's not unusual to get off the ship by 7AM if you walk down early, with your own bags (self assist) and get off in the first groups. It's only 15 minutes to the airport from there. You could be at the airport by 7:30 very realistically. With a 9:45AM flight, I live about 40 minutes from the airport and I wouldn't even leave my house until 6:45 or so. I don't see why it's much different disembarking at 6:45 or 7 and you are much closer than I am.

Again, though, if your ship is late or anything goes wrong, then you are at a much higher risk for missing your flight. But it's certainly doable in normal circumstances and if you have a higher risk tolerance and it won't stress you out, then yes, it's doable and probably won't be an issue, just have a backup plan.

Possible, yes. If you do self-assist and get off in the first group. My friend was sitting at her gate by 7:30 last time out of Miami, if I recall. We got home around 7:30 and she was already at her gate. 9:45 is pretty easily doable if everything is smooth. It's more risk than I'd want to take, personally, and I'm the anxious type that would worry the entire cruise. That's really up to you.

But consider it's not unusual to get off the ship by 7AM if you walk down early, with your own bags (self assist) and get off in the first groups. It's only 15 minutes to the airport from there. You could be at the airport by 7:30 very realistically. With a 9:45AM flight, I live about 40 minutes from the airport and I wouldn't even leave my house until 6:45 or so. I don't see why it's much different disembarking at 6:45 or 7 and you are much closer than I am.

Again, though, if your ship is late or anything goes wrong, then you are at a much higher risk for missing your flight. But it's certainly doable in normal circumstances and if you have a higher risk tolerance and it won't stress you out, then yes, it's doable and probably won't be an issue, just have a backup plan.

Thank you! Appreciate the information

Sent from my iPhone using Forums