Fort Lauderdale...Renaissance or Hyatt

Iamthesea

We have stayed in both. They were both fine. Also stayed in Hilton Marina, Hyatt 66 (now sold), Marriott Courtyard (beach), Westin beach, Westin Ft. Lauderdale, Embassy on 17th, Renaissance Plantation,and Marriott Springhill Suites. They were all fine.

The only one we stayed in (fortunately for one night only) that we would not return to was a Best Western Suites near I95.

One thing we like about the Renaissance on 17th is that it is across the street from Budget Car Rental. We often rent from if we have a few days or pre or post. Instead of paying $30. for Ren. parking we simply park for free where the Budget cars are parked.

We never bother with a van shuttle to the port. Taxi is cheap and much more convenient. Who wants to be squished in a van....and the taxi is often cheaper.

Hi iancal;

that is great info to have about the budget car rental parking. I am booked at the Renaissance and have also rented a budget car, and am quite happy if your suggestion pans out. You mentioned it being across the street, but when I look up the respective addresses, they both are the 1617 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. I looked on Google Maps and I could not discern where the Budget place is situated.

Thanks again,

Scanditaly

We like to walk over to the Southport Bar and Grill. It's on a canal and has great clam chowder and a seafood plate. DH and I split along with a couple of beers. Nice way to start the vacation. :cool:

We almost always get a taxi.

According to their website, not on a weekend. Our overnight is a Saturday.

Anyway, wanted to thank Ashland again. Received confirmation from Hyatt today that we are booked for our date. And saving a whopping $100+. :D

You are so very welcome...So glad it worked out well for you. :D

Hi iancal;

that is great info to have about the budget car rental parking. I am booked at the Renaissance and have also rented a budget car, and am quite happy if your suggestion pans out. You mentioned it being across the street, but when I look up the respective addresses, they both are the 1617 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. I looked on Google Maps and I could not discern where the Budget place is situated.

Thanks again,

Scanditaly

Budget is across the parking lot (not across the street)...in a shopping area (strip mall)...you'll be able to spot it easily once there.

Easily....just input your information...On their website click on Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale...under the red banner.

www.valuetrips.com

Ashland , this is completely off topic but I’m wondering if you’ll be using “ value trips “ for your cruise in Oct. 2019. I’m sailing on the same cruise and not interested in the ever popular Chateau Bellevue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ashland , this is completely off topic but I’m wondering if you’ll be using “ value trips “ for your cruise in Oct. 2019. I’m sailing on the same cruise and not interested in the ever popular Chateau Bellevue.

I only use ValueTrips when booking the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. I've also used Last Minute Travel Club for certain hotel bookings. I usually book my hotel's directly with each company as a loyalty member too. I'm always open to options and what works best for each particular trip.

I haven't decided about October 2019 yet...will wait until air opens and will consider my options then.

No worries ..I don't feel anything is off topic when it comes to travel plans...hope I can and will be of some help as we get closer to finalizing plans.

Keep in touch...I will also.

I only use ValueTrips when booking the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. I've also used Last Minute Travel Club for certain hotel bookings. I usually book my hotel's directly with each company as a loyalty member too. I'm always open to options and what works best for each particular trip.

I haven't decided about October 2019 yet...will wait until air opens and will consider my options then.

No worries ..I don't feel anything is off topic when it comes to travel plans...hope I can and will be of some help as we get closer to finalizing plans.

Keep in touch...I will also.

I hope you are staying cool. We used to live up your way in Santa Clarita / Valencia . Summers can be brutal up there. We are also waiting for hotels and air to open up. Looking forward to our cruise and to any advice you may have. We are not experienced cruisers.