Miracle - Dinner Dress?

bowen9475

You missed the point completely. Your life will be much more pleasant if you spend less time worrying about what others are wearing and focus more on yourself. What I or anyone else wears to the dining room has absolutely ZERO impact on you.

Who are YOU to decide what impacts BookDragon and what is important to them? It's rude, presumptuous and arrogant of YOU to assume that something you find acceptable or negligible affects everyone else the same way.

If you are really that bothered then perhaps you should spend your dollars on a more formal cruise line.

It is not unreasonable to expect the codes that everyone agrees to to be enforced.

On the Miracle in April. I would have been more dressed up but I accidentally left my dress shirts in the car at port. I get dressed up because I like to. I would have been happier had I remembered my shirts. My vest and tie didn't go with this shirt so I went without.20180419_233611.thumb.jpg.47b8f687250405edaa9ae6e07539b7a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

"I mentioned it and was more or less told to mind my own business"

you mentioned it to whom? On our last 3 cruises, Magic, Dream, and Conquest, the Maitre'd was not allowing any men in the MDR on elegant night in shorts. On the Conquest this slob next to me at the entrance was wearing a tank top. I went directly to the Maitre'd and he told the slob to change if he wanted to dine in the MDR.

On elegant night Carnival frowns on shorts, but on regular nights, half if not more wear shorts!

Who are YOU to decide what impacts BookDragon and what is important to them? It's rude, presumptuous and arrogant of YOU to assume that something you find acceptable or negligible affects everyone else the same way.

It is not unreasonable to expect the codes that everyone agrees to to be enforced.

I make no assumption. His posts clearly indicate he/she takes issue with what others are wearing. My point is who gives a crap? If someone else wearing shorts to the MDR upsets you then you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Life is too short and this is a VACATION after all. Wear what makes you comfortable and don’t worry about others. One of the main reasons many book Carnival is their easy going reputation.

You think I’m rude for telling someone to relax and stop worrying about the clothes of other passengers? You must lead a very sheltered life.

I make no assumption. His posts clearly indicate he/she takes issue with what others are wearing. My point is who gives a crap?

Obviously other people DO.

If someone else wearing shorts to the MDR upsets you then you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Life is too short and this is a VACATION after all. Wear what makes you comfortable and don’t worry about others. One of the main reasons many book Carnival is their easy going reputation.

You think I’m rude for telling someone to relax and stop worrying about the clothes of other passengers? You must lead a very sheltered life.

No, you're rude for assuming that your opinion is the only one that matters and if something doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother anyone else either.

Edited by ParrotRob

Obviously other people DO.

No, you're rude for assuming that your opinion is the only one that matters and if something doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother anyone else either.

Pointing out how petty it is to worry about others clothing and how it has no impact on you isn’t rude. It’s stating the obvious and calling someone else out for being too uptight. Does ones dinner attire impact the taste of the food? The level of service from the staff? Does it impact your safety? Your health? No. So why are you so damn worried about it? Some Of you really need to think long and hard about why it is you are so obsessed with the innocuous actions of others. Worry about yourself and let others do the same. Trying to berate someone for not dressing up or snitching on them to teacher is far more rude that telling those that do these things to lighten up.

Hopefully in the near future the point will be moot and Carnival will do away with the formal nights completely or make them optional in one of the dining rooms perhaps on longer cruises for those that feel the need to get dressed up. Carnival isn’t a line marketed to be fancy, it is marketed to be family friendly, fun, relaxed and. Why budget friendly. Sorry but putting on a suit on vacation is none of those things for most people. Which is why many choose to ignore the formal dress code.

Pointing out how petty it is to worry about others clothing and how it has no impact on you isn’t rude. It’s stating the obvious and calling someone else out for being too uptight. Does ones dinner attire impact the taste of the food? The level of service from the staff? Does it impact your safety? Your health? No. So why are you so damn worried about it? Some Of you really need to think long and hard about why it is you are so obsessed with the innocuous actions of others. Worry about yourself and let others do the same. Trying to berate someone for not dressing up or snitching on them to teacher is far more rude that telling those that do these things to lighten up.

Hopefully in the near future the point will be moot and Carnival will do away with the formal nights completely or make them optional in one of the dining rooms perhaps on longer cruises for those that feel the need to get dressed up. Carnival isn’t a line marketed to be fancy, it is marketed to be family friendly, fun, relaxed and. Why budget friendly. Sorry but putting on a suit on vacation is none of those things for most people. Which is why many choose to ignore the formal dress code.

Nah, it's because they have no respect for others. But it's ok, it's not your fault your parents raised you that way.

And how many times do you need to be told that it's not about dressing up, it's about your stubborn insistence that YOUR opinion (it doesn't bother ME so it shouldn't bother YOU) is the only correct one? Apparently you have a comprehension problem in addition to a manners problem. Pity, really.

And by the way, spare me the worn out, tired argument that "it doesn't affect the taste of your food". My food would also taste the same eaten with my fingers off of a paper plate while standing up. But that's not appropriate for a dining room, either, now is it?

And by the way, spare me the worn out, tired argument that "it doesn't affect the taste of your food". My food would also taste the same eaten with my fingers off of a paper plate while standing up. But that's not appropriate for a dining room, either, now is it?

The back and forth is humorous, but in the end, its Carnival's decision that only matters on the ship, and which rules/guidelines they want to enforce!

And reality is, Carnival is not enforcing, or requiring men wear long pants on 'casual nights' in the MDR.

The back and forth is humorous, but in the end, its Carnival's decision that only matters on the ship, and which rules/guidelines they want to enforce!

And reality is, Carnival is not enforcing, or requiring men wear long pants on 'casual nights' in the MDR.

Of course it is. And they will always come down on the side of the boorish, entitled "me" generation because these are, by definition, the exact same people who will remove tips and cause scenes with their blatant disregard for rules and civility. The well-mannered will not.

Forget Carnivals dress code. Just got off the Triumph and on Elegant Night they let in people wearing jeans, shorts, tee shirts, flip flops and ball caps. I mentioned it and was more or less told to mind my own business.

Exactly, elegant night on Dream had a woman in sports shorts, a hoodie and tennis shoes. I posted a pic here and mods deleted it(her face was not shown).

Elegant night is gone on carnival (I approve)

"Does ones dinner attire impact the taste of the food?"

you are completely missing the point.

" Carnival is not enforcing, or requiring men wear long pants on 'casual nights' in the MDR"

because long pants are NOT required on casual nights in the MDR, nice shorts are permissible

Nah, it's because they have no respect for others. But it's ok, it's not your fault your parents raised you that way.

And how many times do you need to be told that it's not about dressing up, it's about your stubborn insistence that YOUR opinion (it doesn't bother ME so it shouldn't bother YOU) is the only correct one? Apparently you have a comprehension problem in addition to a manners problem. Pity, really.

This entire thread is about dressing up and what is appropriate/acceptable on Carnival ships. Sorry, but an individual choosing not to get fancied up for dinner has nothing to do with manners.

It is my opinion. One based on practicality and treating others decently. Many choose not to waste the space packing clothes that will be worn for 3 hours on a week long trip.

As someone stated below, it doesn’t matter anyway since it is Carnival that get to make the decision, and they are clearly not worried about wether or not a guy wears a tie to the dining room.

You are trying to equate a drastic decrease in service by the company to the chosen apparel of other guests. Not remotely the same issue. You know exactly the point I was making, and it is completely valid.

It used to run about 50/50 in the comments of who wanted to dress up and who didn’t, and now it is down to a handful (two posters on this thread) who still have the energy and resolve to go to bat for elegant night.

To me, that says it all.

I keep going because I find it entertaining how adamant they are about how it doesn’t bother them and in the same breath talk about how inappropriate it is or how you should talk to the staff to get people booted. Plus when training a long haul truck driver that is almost ready to go solo I spend all day riding around board out of my mind.

Simple fact is that the overwhelming majority don’t care what you wear because it doesn’t have any impact on their vacation . Carnival has made it pretty clear that they aren’t strict with the dress code. Those stubborn few are welcome to wear their tux and I’ll wear my shorts and polo and enjoy the same wonderful meal and service, that I paid the same money for, while being more comfortable.

If I wanted a higher end experience with stricter dress codes I would sail one of the more formal lines that cater specifically to that crowd.

I keep going because I find it entertaining how adamant they are about how it doesn’t bother them and in the same breath talk about how inappropriate it is or how you should talk to the staff to get people booted. Plus when training a long haul truck driver that is almost ready to go solo I spend all day riding around board out of my mind.

Simple fact is that the overwhelming majority don’t care what you wear because it doesn’t have any impact on their vacation . Carnival has made it pretty clear that they aren’t strict with the dress code. Those stubborn few are welcome to wear their tux and I’ll wear my shorts and polo and enjoy the same wonderful meal and service, that I paid the same money for, while being more comfortable.

If I wanted a higher end experience with stricter dress codes I would sail one of the more formal lines that cater specifically to that crowd.

For the dining room, I’ll say no to naked, pajamas and bathing suits.

Service will still be the same.

Heck, in Antoine’s in New Orleans, I saw people in there at night with jeans on,,, que horror!!

For the dining room, I’ll say no to naked, pajamas and bathing suits.

Service will still be the same.

Heck, in Antoine’s in New Orleans, I saw people in there at night with jeans on,,, que horror!!

Exactly. I am more worried about personal hygiene than dress. I think perhaps these people would be more productive policing hand washing. I could get onboard with that. Give them an outlet for their anger while providing a valuable public service.