P&O Afternoon tea on Pacific Explorer

Cunard's one is not as elaborate but it is free and it is every afternoon on sea days..

On QM2 last year they had arvo tea in the magnificent ballroom, tried it once, white gloves, piano, cucumber sambos (with no crusts Uncle Mic) , scones, the whole business. Uncle Les had the GF stuff of course, not as nice but edible.

Went on Adonia this year out of Southampton. I was expecting great afternoon tea on an English ship full of Brits. What a let down compared to Princess. There were never enough staff serving. The food (only for afternoon tea) was not much better. The cakes looked like left overs from a previous function. I couldn't believe the Brits did not even complain. Everything else about the cruise was wonderful. Unfortunately, after going to a number of Princess afternoon teas, my expectations were high (for something very British) but it did not affect my enjoyment of the cruise.

Rosie

On QM2 last year they had arvo tea in the magnificent ballroom, tried it once, white gloves, piano, cucumber sambos (with no crusts Uncle Mic) , scones, the whole business. Uncle Les had the GF stuff of course, not as nice but edible.

I found the tea luke warm but the tidbits were nice.

I found the tea luke warm but the tidbits were nice.

I am not a tea drinker, but requested a nice pot of coffee, which I duly received from the white gloved waiter. Lubbly Jubbly I said.:halo:

Our tea was ok. If it was good enough for the captain at the table near us it was good enough for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe I just like my tea (close to boiling point) hot. Yes, many officers at the arvo teas.