Are Hawaiian Shirts the new evening wear?

Alushar

Yes, I remember those days and am really glad that the rules have changed and the dress code no longer applies throughout the ship.

It was really cumbersome in the evenings back in those days trying to swim in the pools wearing those tuxes and gowns.

It is too bad you didn't pay closer attention at the muster drill. If you had done so you would have known that you are supposed to bring your life jacket with you if you use the pool on formal nights.

That was always included in the announcements back in the days when they had formal nights and wanted everyone to remain properly attired throughout the entire evening, everywhere on the ship.

Those tux shoes can get very heavy when they are wet, but it would be inappropriate and discourteous to remove one's shoes in a public area on formal night.

Thankfully there are still a few of us on cruise ships who know how to dress properly.

We take great pride in doing our civic duty, swiftly reporting any and all violators to the fashion police.

As long as folks dress within the guidelines, which Hawaiian shirts do, I could care less. It doesn't impact me or the enjoyment of my meal, evening or cruise. I heartily recommend that attitude.

I don't spend my time aboard getting angry about things I can't and don't want to control. I relax, enjoy my DH and friends and savor my time aboard. Judgement takes up too much time and effort for me .

Never had an issue with Hawaiian shirts, I have 3 myself. It's about some pax who choose to dress like absolute slobs & don't give a damn what anyone else says, that gets me going. That's why I had that reaction. If it was sarcasm, then fine. If, however a person chooses to dress like that at night, they can stick to the buffet.

Never had an issue with Hawaiian shirts, I have 3 myself. It's about some pax who choose to dress like absolute slobs & don't give a damn what anyone else says, that gets me going. That's why I had that reaction. If it was sarcasm, then fine. If, however a person chooses to dress like that at night, they can stick to the buffet.

Judgement takes up too much time and energy for me. I'd prefer to give my attention to my DH, the friends I travel with and the friends I've made. Anger takes too much energy and detracts from my cruise experience and relaxation. I highly recommend an easy going approach....good for both the psyche and the blood pressure. As Elsa sings "Let it go, let it go, let it go."

Comments about dress codes on threads like this are just what a red neck like me needs to wear as garish an outfit as possible on Elegant chic nights. My only concession is to avoid the captains meet and greet as those dressed to the nines are entitled to have their enjoyment snuggling up to senior officers in the mink stoles and tuxes. Their suites cost a lot more than my steerage