Are Hawaiian Shirts the new evening wear?

Alushar

Are you referring to me? I was simply pointing out that I noticed that on the X website that the dress code applied to the MDR and theater. It's a recent change that probably happened when they updated the website. I was surprised to see it. When we first started cruising, there were formal nights. Even then, the dress code was not enforced in the theater.

FTR, I couldn't care less what anyone wears to dinner or the theater, as long as they are clean.

Nope, there were a couple of people who tried to make the claim that you had to follow the dress code through the ship. They were much earlier in the thread.

Laugh Laugh! "Business Insider*" website proclaimed last week that a 'floral printed' shirt was a 'Must Have' for the Summer Wardrobe for up&coming gentlemen!!..not too many colours..short sleeve..etc...got quite technical!

*The 'go-to-site for the latest business, White House, tech news!..ha ha

Hard to believe this discussion continues. We're down to shorts in the dining room now, what could possibly be next? Maybe pajamas so they can be really comfortable. Might as well just remove the dining room and do fast food. ;p

Hard to believe this discussion continues. We're down to shorts in the dining room now, what could possibly be next? Maybe pajamas so they can be really comfortable. Might as well just remove the dining room and do fast food. ;p

I've seen pajama pants in the buffet in the morning, mostly teens.....Still think most people follow the dress code and believe they still enforce the no shorts...

We live in NJ but love Hawaii and have been many times. My DH loves to wear his Aloha shirts, all Tommy Bahama, all year long whether on vacation, preaching during the summer months, working from home, working at the office, or cruising. He even has formal Aloha shirts for "chic" nights vs. everyday Aloha for ... every day. Some are button down, most are polos.

One day we plan to vacation to Scotland, GB, cruise from there maybe, cruise Alaska. I can guarantee his Aloha shirts will be packed.

He's been wearing them for as long as I've known him. They certainly aren't out of style for him. They are his signature attire and all his friends and family members take comfort and joy knowing he'll wear them for every occasion. My New England family have taken to wearing their Aloha shirts for Christmas gatherings over red turtle necks. :')

The Aloha shirt brings a little Aloha to every day. :D

Could not agree more. I put on my Hawaiian shirts on vacation. Have them already picked out for our cruise to Hawaii in Sept.

Nope, there were a couple of people who tried to make the claim that you had to follow the dress code through the ship.

Yes, I remember those days and am really glad that the rules have changed and the dress code no longer applies throughout the ship.

It was really cumbersome in the evenings back in those days trying to swim in the pools wearing those tuxes and gowns.

Just back off Silhouette Baltic cruise and couldn’t believe the number of Hawaiian shirts being worn in the evening including formal oops I mean evening chic nights! Did I miss the memo? I’m off shopping tomorrow!

What's the point? You don't like them let others wear them.

Yes, I remember those days and am really glad that the rules have changed and the dress code no longer applies throughout the ship.

It was really cumbersome in the evenings back in those days trying to swim in the pools wearing those tuxes and gowns.

I remember some old snooty woman making a nasty comment to her husband about us but loud enough to be overheard. We were in the elevator with her as she was going to 6PM dining in her nice dress and he in a tux. We were in bathing suits coming from the pool to our rooms to change for 8:00P.M dinner. Wife is a retired Police Lieutnant, not a good idea to insult her because you will get put down but in a classy way. I just laughed because I knew what was coming.

Price makes it chic? Leave the price tag hanging out and all is good. The $200 designer jeans with all the tears and holes in it chic too? Rag material to some.

Grand,

I much prefer my $10 Walmart shirt patterned in a very tasteful camo pattern. Fashioned and designed in a third world backwater and sewn and made by slaves and children. On formal nights I include my matching camo baseball cap ( worn backward to really impress others).

Always at the height of fashion and sure to garner many comments! It's my right to ignore any dress code and never be challenged.

Senior Geezer Plus

Grand,

I much prefer my $10 Walmart shirt patterned in a very tasteful camo pattern. Fashioned and designed in a third world backwater and sewn and made by slaves and children. On formal nights I include my matching camo baseball cap ( worn backward to really impress others).

Always at the height of fashion and sure to garner many comments! It's my right to ignore any dress code and never be challenged.

Senior Geezer Plus

We never wear jeans in the Caribbean, too hot, but on our Alaska cruise we wore our designer jeans by LeKirkland.....

We never wear jeans in the Caribbean, too hot, but on our Alaska cruise we wore our designer jeans by LeKirkland.....

My husband loves his cruise jeans. His fancy trouser style jeans with the perma-crease are designed by l'Haggar. They have a hidden comfort waste that will expand 1 1/2 inches to accommodate the extra desserts and 3 course breakfasts. Designer distressed skinny jeans are not for him.

It was funny but back in the 90s, Celebrity actually did have the program where you could get dinner delivered to your room from the MDR menu. I remember the kids who were 10 and 8 at the time coming back from a shore excursion and ordering the meals from Room service. They were tired and didn't want to dress up. By the way, at the time the kids dress code was the same as the parents, we often rented Tuxes for my son and I, he's always been a big boy and buying a new suit every year was not practical. This was on the Horizon to Bermuda.

I thought you still could order from the MDR menu during dinner hours.

I thought you still could order from the MDR menu during dinner hours.

Lunch and dinner can be ordered has been that way for over 20 years that I know of, kids did it back in the 90s. I was only pointing out that you could do it back then.

Grand,

Senior Geezer Plus

I'm hoping this is just sarcasm! If in fact, you really dressed like that at night & were in front of me at the entrance to the MDR, the Maître D would get a loud earful from me. Dressing like a slob is not what Celebrity is about. Please feel free to wear you camo's on Barbados!

Grand,

Senior Geezer Plus

Just don’t wear it on land in much of the Caribbean, you’ll be sent back to the ship to change. Also, I realize it was a joke.

I'm hoping this is just sarcasm! If in fact, you really dressed like that at night & were in front of me at the entrance to the MDR, the Maître D would get a loud earful from me. Dressing like a slob is not what Celebrity is about. Please feel free to wear you camo's on Barbados!

Wow! That's quite a reaction. :eek:

Grand,

Senior Geezer Plus

You forgot the safety orange trim worn at the best of weddings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three words

Off his meds

Like I said, I hope it was sarcasm. If not, I stand by my statement. Not on meds. by the way. So sorry to disappoint you! I've seen enough of the "It's my vacation & I'll dress any damn way I feel & I don't care what any of you think" garbage.

Like I said, I hope it's sarcasm. Unfortunately for some, I'm afraid it's how they choose to dress when cruising.

As long as folks dress within the guidelines, which Hawaiian shirts do, I could care less. It doesn't impact me or the enjoyment of my meal, evening or cruise. I heartily recommend that attitude.

I don't spend my time aboard getting angry about things I can't and don't want to control. I relax, enjoy my DH and friends and savor my time aboard. Judgement takes up too much time and effort for me .